• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New addition...

moonchild

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
She is adorable! I hope she has many happy days ahead with you. Thank you for offering her a good home.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd, a Maxie Pionus, was skinny, underweight, had a few missing primaries on one wing, and bad feather coloring when I first got him. He stubbornly and happily soldiered on with me for 31 years and not sure how old he really was when I got him except we THOUGHT he might have been around 2. I bet with the right love and diet she do well for quite a while, but whatever she gets will be a happy bonus for both of you.:hug8::heart:

solo

Real Name
jess
Awwww wishing you many happy years with this adorable baby:hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Wow - she is precious. Thank you for taking her in :heart:

Momto3boys

Real Name
Brandy
Isnt she just the sweetest thing :heart:

She'll do wonderful with you, she'll be in the perfect home with so much love :hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I wish you both the best! Matt

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I wish you the best. I hope she recovers and enjoys her life with you. :hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I will have to get better pictures tomorrow. Hachi is home but she also appears to have some neurological issues from either stroke or head trauma. Her pupils are constricted and she has balance issues that are probably not from starvation. So I purchased a less expensive cage but one that I won't have to worry about her falling in...She is very sweet and wants nothing more than to have others around her, food and a sunny window view, which makes for tomorrow's task; building a rolling stand for her cage. She was in the bottom of her cage last night when I checked on everyone...totally worried me but when I started fussing, she started conure swearing so I left her be and she appeared okay this morning. And she is afraid of new things so toys must be added slowly... Hachi.jpg

briabelletee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bria
Il be thinking of you both during this. So heartbreaking all she's been through, such a blessing that now you have each other:hug8:

Pumpkin

Real Name
Tracy
Oh that picture of her laying down on the cage got me. :( Hope she has lots of time with you. :hug8:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Poor girl! I have two of those cages! Well, one that's like it, and another that can actually be split into two, only it doesn't have a divider... and my two cages are used, so not as nice! My bourke I mentioned in another thread, I'm going to switch her to one of the small white cages and change her diet to see if it will help her any... I hate how thin she is! Not as robust as she was when she was younger! Great little cages, though! So I can definitely agree it would be a good cage for Hachi!

I bought my HQ Flight Cage for Noel because of his problems. His old, cast iron cage had a metal tray, and I got the flight because it had a plastic one... wouldn't be so hard when he fell. I did contemplate some rodent cages, too... since many are longer than they are tall, but my concern often stopped with the cage bar spacing.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
She's an angel! My thoughts for healing and restful years ahead of her are on their away. Thanks for bringing her into your hearth and home, Chandra.

maimaie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
I'm several days late, but a beautiful story non the less. What a sweety! (Both of you)

Featherluv

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Stefanie
Aww what a sweetheart!

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
You are such a wonderful loving haven. Your ability to provide such care to so many birds amazes me. Not only do you take them in but you provide best care. So happy for this one to find you after such a rough past. Makes me emotional to think of how it gets to live later years after suffering:dance4::hug8::dance4:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You are such a wonderful loving haven. Your ability to provide such care to so many birds amazes me. Not only do you take them in but you provide best care. So happy for this one to find you after such a rough past. Makes me emotional to think of how it gets to live later years after suffering:dance4::hug8::dance4:
Honestly, i think its easier to have a flock of the same or similar type and size. The food is the same, I'm used to medicating them and toys/cages are good for any of them. I am pretty sure i cannot take anymore...i can't keep up with AA posts. I start and someone gets into something and off I go...I love how everyone is so willing to help here and support others. I just wish it all wasnt so needed.