• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New A&E cage!

LoveToki

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zee
I finally decided on a new cage for Moki..I love it...the 20x20 All Living Things Skyskraper from PetSmart.com she started out in was definitely too small. She was extremely happy with it..immediately climbed to the top perch and hung almost upside down and spread her wings for all to see LOL. Then she put herself to bed...which she has never done.
I originally tried a Zenstyle 68" Playtop from Walmart.com and I can NOT recommend that one. It was very flimsy feeling, I could easily pinch the bars together with not much effort..it was also dented in a few spots and missing a handle for the door.
I returned that one and found this A&E cage on PetSmart.com and it's leagues better..(also double the price so it better be). I guess some things are worth spending the money on, it's really good quality..feels strong..rolls nicely over carpet. It's 32 x 23 x 63..taller than me! Also the playtop towers over me! I thought for some reason it was 63 inches all together but the playtop is almost too tall for me to reach haha.

Here's some pics of the old cage vs the new..one with Moki in it (oh also it comes with really large bowls so I got some 1" ones off Amazon and they fit perfectly thanks to an old thread I found on here!) And one next to a 65" tv so you can get an idea of how big it is!

I searched a LOT for cages so hopefully this helps someone else find a good cage..even the 20x20 was well made..the bar spacing was a little big though. A&E is 5/8

20200516_190309.jpg 20200516_190326.jpg 20200516_190428.jpg

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
:heart: This cage looks very sturdy. So glad Moki loves it - wow, she put herself to bed - wow!

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
What an upgrade! So glad she's already enjoying it! :heart: