• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

need help Teagan is not doing good

Status
Not open for further replies.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Something is off. She needs to be started on an antibiotic even if the first vet you saw said nothings wrong. Did you check her behind to see if maybe she's got an egg? Anything enviornmental going on? New anything in the house? Construction outside? Bug spray, mold anything like that?

Ginger

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending healing thoughts for Teagan.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I called the office of my regular vet, and asked if they could ask her for another vet. She is in England giving seminars for greys. She did call me and was very upset that the other vet brushed me off so she called a friend who like her is very good. I brought Teagan down and she is doing every test on her, she will stay there till she can find what is wrong. Thank you everyone, this board is very special to me:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::heart::heart::heart::heart:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
That is wonderful news:hug8:Hopefully Now-this Vet will find something minor and get Teagan back to Her normal self in No time:hug8:Still sending Healing thoughts and Prayers:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Still sending many hugs and prayers:hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I called the office of my regular vet, and asked if they could ask her for another vet. She is in England giving seminars for greys. She did call me and was very upset that the other vet brushed me off so she called a friend who like her is very good. I brought Teagan down and she is doing every test on her, she will stay there till she can find what is wrong. Thank you everyone, this board is very special to me:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::heart::heart::heart::heart:
I think this is great, you must feel so relieved to at least have someone looking into it. I am sending healing thoughts and I hope everything turns out okay.:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
ohhh I'm glad you found a caring vet :hug8:
All my best for Teagan! :hug8:

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
AWWW,my thoughts are with you :hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
This is great news!!!!!!
Keep Postive thoughts going!:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wonderful!! Big hugs Denise and many many prayers that they can figure out what is wrong.:heart::hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:THanks for the update during this very stressful time. Praying hard for you and Teagan.:heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Praying for you and Teagan.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Your original vet is awesome to recommend another caring vet. Saying prayers you find out soon what is going on and that it's not serious.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just peeking in to see how Teagan is..I'm keeping you both in my prayers.:hug8:

Slic102

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa Cook
When will you get the results of the tests? Healing thoughts for Teagan!:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh no..missed this. Healing thoughts and positive energy for Teagan!:hug8::hug8:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
I agree with Ginger about an antibiotic. Perhaps she has a bacterial infection. Are they starting her on one after they take blook work and swabs?

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Oh no I can't believe I missed this. I wasn't on at all today. I am so sorry :hug8:. If she is not acting herself then I think something might be going on with her. When Squeeky would start having a relapse of being sick as a baby he would go really quiet and wouldn't fly around at all. He turned into a completely different bird. I am glad that Teagan is with a vet now that is trying to actually help. Keep us posted and lots of hugs and prayers for you both :hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.