• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mysterious thing on budgie's feet

Limon

Meeting neighbors
Could anyone identify what this is on my budgie's feet? She's had it ever since I got her, which was back in March. At first I thought it was mites, but she isn't showing any symptoms that suggest that e.g: crustiness around the cere, sneezing and breathing problems. Could it be tiny feathers? I really don't know. It's not causing her any harm, but I still want to make sure it isn't anything serious.

Attachments

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Is it like, hard skin? Or little feathery plumes? It's a little hard to see the texture through the photo. I've seen budgies have feathers on their feet (usually english budgies).

Limon

Meeting neighbors
Is it like, hard skin? Or little feathery plumes? It's a little hard to see the texture through the photo. I've seen budgies have feathers on their feet (usually english budgies).
It looks more like feathers than hard skin. I done a bit more research online and found out that it could be a genetic mutation of misplaced feather shafts (completely harmless); this could most likely be the case for my little budgie.