• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My starling sneeze

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna
Hello we have a baby sneezes he is fling already but he sneezes and we read what it's because he has parasites please is some one can recommend medicine from parasites

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna
@Birdbabe may know. She helps with a wildlife rehabilitation center.
Thank you very much we took him he was abonded he was very little now he grow and started to sneeze our grey cheac coroner ate his baby formula and he is sneezing too :(
I'm very worrying about this little baby starling

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Do you give the bird regular baths? Are the sneezes dry or wet? Are there other signs of illness like ruffled feathers or wheezing?

I'd get it to a wildlife rehabber, or vet. It's not something I'd want to guess at especially when you have another bird. If it turns out it's something like gapeworm your conure could be sick too.

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna
He may sneeze due to dry air, dust, maybe got some food in his nostrils? Bumping this
@Feather ???
Thank you for helping
No my mom's apartment not dry at all, food in his nostrils? We clean his face but will be watching him

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna
Do you give the bird regular baths? Are the sneezes dry or wet? Are there other signs of illness like ruffled feathers or wheezing?

I'd get it to a wildlife rehabber, or vet. It's not something I'd want to guess at especially when you have another bird. If it turns out it's something like gapeworm your conure could be sick too.
Hi thank you no other signs no he is about 3-4 weeks no bath yet

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna

He sneeze dry with
Hi thank you no other signs no he is about 3-4 weeks no bath yet
nothing coming out from his nose mom started give him vitamin a and e if he still sneeze we will take him to the exotic vet but I'm afraid as he wild bird they can take him away?

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna

nothing coming out from his nose mom started give him vitamin a and e if he still sneeze we will take him to the exotic vet but I'm afraid as he wild bird they can take him away?

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna
He may sneeze due to dry air, dust, maybe got some food in his nostrils? Bumping this
@Feather ???
@Feather ???
And he has no other signs

redindiaink

Avenue Veteran
I don't know what to say because my first instinct would be to find a local rescue that could help. I don't want to be mean and scare you away from asking for help in the future, but you need to stop playing doctor with this bird and get it to someone who knows how to care for it. You don't know what you're doing. On we can make suggestions based on personal experience, but beyond that we're all guessing.

Good luck

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna
I don't know what to say because my first instinct would be to find a local rescue that could help. I don't want to be mean and scare you away from asking for help in the future, but you need to stop playing doctor with this bird and get it to someone who knows how to care for it. You don't know what you're doing. On we can make suggestions based on personal experience, but beyond that we're all guessing.

Good luck
I know next Sunday we have a Dr appointment for him
No rescue it's our pet

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna

Good luck
Please can you recommend us which test we should ask to do which is important? Because you know what pet doctors can say more than it's need to charge more :))

redindiaink

Avenue Veteran
Good to hear!

It'll be guided by what they observe when they examine them, and somewhat on what you tell them. They might want to take a couple samples to rule out bacterial/fungal/parasite infections then it goes up from there to blood work and/or an xray.

The vet I see has a consent form and wants me to sign off on what they want to do before they do it and it comes with an estimate. If this vet doesn't have a similar form tell them you need to be informed before they can do any tests!

And yup it's expensive. When the vet I looked at my cat (she had a UTI) said they needed to do bloodwork and urine analysis I joked it would be cheaper if they could just tell us what's bothering them.

ps: And I'd bring along the cage liner in a bag so the vet can look at the droppings.

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna
Good to hear!

It'll be guided by what they observe when they examine them, and somewhat on what you tell them. They might want to take a couple samples to rule out bacterial/fungal/parasite infections then it goes up from there to blood work and/or an xray.

The vet I see has a consent form and wants me to sign off on what they want to do before they do it and it comes with an estimate. If this vet doesn't have a similar form tell them you need to be informed before they can do any tests!

And yup it's expensive. When the vet I looked at my cat (she had a UTI) said they needed to do bloodwork and urine analysis I joked it would be cheaper if they could just tell us what's bothering them.

ps: And I'd bring along the cage liner in a bag so the vet can look at the droppings.
Ye but exotic is more experience but this Avian place which is in manhattan little cheaper than we took parrots in bronx
But good my mom took chicken couple month ago but it's a week wait
The dropping is no problem he/she does it pretty often
But u said x-ray but why? He is sneezing do u think he needs exray??
Etsy for bones? No?

redindiaink

Avenue Veteran
I'm going to answer as best as I can then I putting this thread on ignore.

I'm saying you should prepare to pay for a sample from the droppings, the nose (nares) or mouth to be anaylized for signs of an infection. Some times that's all that's needed to base a treatment on, but sometimes they'll need more information in the form of blood work and xrays. You might have to pay for one, two or three tests. Or you might not have to pay for any at all. You won't know until you let a vet look at the bird.

Droppings contain a wealth of information on digestion, kidney function, liver function etc. They can also let you know if they have an infection. All just by observing them.

Xrays aren't just for broken bones. They can reveal enlarged organs or infections in the air sacs and lungs (aspergillosis or pneumonia etc).

I hope it goes well with your bird.

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna

I'm saying you should prepare to pay for a sample from the droppings, the nose (nares) or mouth to be anaylized for signs of an infection. Some times that's all that's needed to base a treatment on, but sometimes they'll need more information in the form of blood work and xrays. You might have to pay for one, two or three tests. Or you might not have to pay for any at all. You won't know until you let a vet look at the bird.

Droppings contain a wealth of information on digestion, kidney function, liver function etc. They can also let you know if they have an infection. All just by observing them.

Xrays aren't just for broken bones. They can reveal enlarged organs or infections in the air sacs and lungs (aspergillosis or pneumonia etc).

Thank you
Yes we was them to take his blood and poop and of cause we agree to other if it's will require

Ariann7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arianna

Im sorry for bothering but maybe you know a good cat dry food to give our bird because he grow not adult yet but I been reading what people give starlings a dry cat food?
Thank you