• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My grey wants to sleep in my bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
My old Alex used to crawl into bed most mornings and go to sleep snuggled in behind my knees. I'd always just doze once he'd crawled under the doona and certainly dont recommend it as a practice.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
It's understandable and cute as heck for sure Monica but it's very dangerous to sleep with your bird.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
No worries. She does sleep in her night cage at night, and it is just the early mornings that I let her come in bed. She sleeps, but I don't ,so I am careful. The funny thing though is she likes nothing more than to dig and crawl UNDER me! She likes nothing more than being in a tight squeeze. Very strange bird.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh Gosh, how sweet! She really is like a feathered toddler, isn't she? Coming for her morning snuggle in bed with mum! :heart:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Bokka and Opa prefer to sleep with me as well. Every night, since their night cage is right by my bed, sometimes sneak down and try and sleep with me. I never roll over, and when I do I wake myself up to do so. But I always know when they come down to sleep with me. The terds.

Your lil Grey is absolutely adorable! I wonder if she will gro wout of the laying on her back, as she grows up. She is just too cute for words!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
No worries. She does sleep in her night cage at night, and it is just the early mornings that I let her come in bed. She sleeps, but I don't ,so I am careful. The funny thing though is she likes nothing more than to dig and crawl UNDER me! She likes nothing more than being in a tight squeeze. Very strange bird.
No worries then. :)

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Awww, she is adorable! I have a couple of birds that would sleep with me if they got the chance. My little Poppet is my reading buddy she crawls up between my neck and pillow & wraps herself in my hair. She gets so mad at me when I untangle her to go back into her cage for the night. She tells me off for about 15 minutes in her cage under her sheet. :rofl:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is so funny!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a dollie awwwwwwwwwwwwww

hsmoscout

That is SO cute!!!!!!!!! kMaybe it's because greys are birds that are known for sticking to habits/routines?

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
OMG.........that is so so cute!!!!!!!!!

cher

Attachments

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
How sweet
No shes not odd at all, my Indy sleeps in his own bed, but on his front and he has no covers.
He will fall sleep on one of my pillows (I have a double bed but only use one side) so Im no where near him.
He has been known just lately to snuggle down the front of my cardigan with his head poking out and fall sound asleep whilst Im watching TV too.
Bless them, its like having a baby.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
If i'm travelling with Danny he often finds it more comforting to cuddle in under my chin/against the pillow when it's bedtime. It helps settle him down before I put him to bed in his travel cage.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
On another forum there was a member called TritonGreen who routinely slept with his grey in his bed all night. One morning he woke and could not find her. To his horror he found her at the foot of the bed tangled up in the sheets and lifeless. It broke his heart.
I was going to mention this as well. But as long as it is only the morning then she can go ahead an snuggle and snooze away!

Status
Not open for further replies.