• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Female budgie is squeaking??

LemonLime

Checking out the neighborhood
My male and female budgie just recently had 5 eggs, two of which hatched nearly two weeks ago. In recent days I’ve noticed the female budgie making a high pitched squeaking noise that almost sounds like a mouse. Furthermore, she seems to be chasing the male and trying to make him feed her but he keeps running away now which he never used to do before. The female budgie seems to be eating and drinking fine and she’s still taking care of her two chicks but I’m still concerned.

LemonLime

Checking out the neighborhood
My male and female budgie just recently had 5 eggs, two of which hatched nearly two weeks ago. In recent days I’ve noticed the female budgie making a high pitched squeaking noise that almost sounds like a mouse. Furthermore, she seems to be chasing the male and trying to make him feed her but he keeps running away now which he never used to do before. The female budgie seems to be eating and drinking fine and she’s still taking care of her two chicks but I’m still concerned.
Update: I realised that she only does the squeaking noise when she is trying to get the male to feed her. She squaks normally when she’s alone or flying around. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
May or may not be related but my Tiel does high-pitched "squeakie noises" when she's getting friendly with a perch/asking something to mount her. So for your girl I think it's probably part of her matey thing with her boy. If she's asking to be fed that makes sense.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue :)

Is the male helping take care of the chicks?
How old are these two parent birds?

For now, put a food bowl a little closer to the outside of the nest

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
The squeaking noise is normal (and super annoying!) :)
She's begging for food from the male. She may also make these noises as he's feeding her, or as she's feeding the chicks. Each hen is different, I have a hen that squeaks non-stop while looking after chicks.

How are the chicks doing? Do they have nice full crops?