• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My conure Rosie!!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Rosie is gorgeous. She looks very happy in her new home! Thank you for adopting her and giving her the care she deserves. :heart2:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Hi everyone!!

My name is Alice, and I have had my gorgeous little conure Rosie for about a week. She is very cuddly and loves to climb and play with my hair. I am already in love, but I have gotten some sad news: I adopted her from a site called Gumtree, which is quite similar to Craigslist, and I took her to get a vet check on Sunday it turns out she is quite sick and was possibly neglected in her old home. He said she was very underweight and had an overgrown beak, which he trimmed and gave her antibiotics and nutrients, as well as prescribing a high fat seed/veggie diet for weight gain. We're going back next week to do a blood screen for any diseases or untoward causes for her beak and low weight, but I'm hoping and praying that it was due to her previous poor situation (small horizontal cage, 1 dowel perch and no toys except 1 old looking swing - he sold the cage to me as well as her but I got her a new one) and that her new life will improve if I give her the right love and care. The photo is after her beak trim, it's looking much better and I hope it means she can gain some weight for me! Lovely to meet you all!

PS: Also, can anyone give me an idea on her species? The guy who I rehomed her from said Green cheeked, but she has different colouring to any of the mutations I've seen and I don't exactly trust his word for obvious reasons.
She is adorable and hopefully with thrive with your great care.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so glad. She is such a lovely little bird. Congrats on proper parronting! :hug4: