• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My cockatiel is chasing the other one and is trying to kill it

Luka

Moving in
Real Name
Luka
My cockatiel kiwi is a female living with eli who is also a female in a comfortable cage. They were friends until one day kiwi started to chase eli and didnt stop until they were out of breath and that continued for days. I have no idea whats the problem with kiwi. They have the toys to play with, she wasnt intoxicated by any sprays from what i know and im just worried that Eli will get killed. Please help!

Luka

Moving in
Real Name
Luka
You need to separate them! Females tend to not be good cage mates. Get a new cage for one of them
I get that but i dont know where to seperate kiwi, i have no place to put her!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Get a second cage.

If you can't afford a second cage, you may need to rehome one of them. This is a terribly stressful situation for Eli and could result in her being seriously injured or even killed.

Luka

Moving in
Real Name
Luka
Get a second cage.

If you can't afford a second cage, you may need to rehome one of them. This is a terribly stressful situation for Eli and could result in her being seriously injured or even killed.
I get that, but i forgot to mention that when they are put in the cage they calm down, both of them, me and my mom talked for a while and we thought that kiwi was going through a hormonal stage, which is most likely just that because they are best friends and clean themselves often.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I get that, but i forgot to mention that when they are put in the cage they calm down, both of them, me and my mom talked for a while and we thought that kiwi was going through a hormonal stage, which is most likely just that because they are best friends and clean themselves often.
Has the fighting gotten worse since you posted about it two months ago?

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Honestly, sometimes we just need to do what's best for our birds. Leave one bird out and one bird in the cage, your bird will be more likely harmed with the other cockatiel.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How big is their cage?