• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Budgie

Drew012

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Andrew
Hello, I recently decided to get a bird about two months ago. I have been having struggles as my buddy does not want to be my buddy. Things were going great and he was stepping up but that changed for some reason. He now is terrified every time I sit and talk to him and whenever I’m close. I’ve gone back to square one with puttting my hand gently outside the cage and sweet talking him but he hates it and hides behind one of his toys. I know he had traumatic experiences at the pet store but I’ve done nothing but being slow and careful. He just woke up one morning and decided he hates me. He has hated me for two weeks now. Please help!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome Andrew.

Don't worry, he doesn't hate you.

Noone had access to him that could have frightened him?

Do you have millet spray or his other fave treat? Will he accept that through the cage bars?

Drew012

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Andrew
There’s no one that could have frightened him besides me. I fed him millet from my hand today. He come over to grab some then waddles away. I just know since he’s a Petco bird they had to grab him to clip his wings which is sad. He’s not fond of people from that I assume. It’s just odd that he suddenly hates the sight of my hand when I was just able to feed him while holding him. He plays with his toys and everything but he’s also been screeching a lot and just sits still most of the time.