• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My blue crown conure hates everyone but me

Kimmmmmmmm

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kimberly
I adopted my blue crown conure about 2 months ago. He is my absolute love. In the beginning he was agitated and wary of his new surroundings, which was totally expected. I would open his cage door and spend time just talking to him. He came out of his cage that first day and spent most of his time on top of his cage where the little play area is. Days go by and we got closer and he would accept treats from me bobble his head when I sing and after a month started to step up on my arm. He even gives me kisses now. The problem however is that he hates everyone else in my family. He bit my husband 2 separate time (like gushing blood bites) as my husband was trying to bond and give Rico a treat. And if my husband or kids even gets near Rico, Rico would just puff up and open his mouth trying to bite. How do I make it so that Rico would be more comfortable around them?

Attachments

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Ahh this post is so hard for me. I lost my blue crown a couple years ago, he was my baby.

My guy acted just like yours tho. I was his person and he didn't like anyone else. Something that helped us was I had my husband be the one each day to give him food and water and fill the treat bowls. Ralphie never really liked my husband but at least got to a mutually respectful state were they tolerated each other. Ralphie was always a jealous boy, if anyone hugged me or anything that was it for him he hated them.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good advice from Cosmo. But he may never like your family - hopefully you’re prepared if that’s the case. As far as he’s concerned, there’s no problem so long as they stay away, lol.

My soul birdy hates my wife, so she’s not allowed to get too close while he’s on me because it upsets him.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome. Yes, I was going to give the advise already given. :) You will probably always be your bird's "person". But having your family only give him his favorite treat, helping with his food/water, etc can help.