• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird having a husky voice or like sore throat

kikoligo

Moving in
Real Name
Marielle
hello!

Recently I accidentally push the hand-feed syringe in his nose and it dried like a sement . after I removed it using warm water with a buds, his voice becomes husky like when a person is having a cough or a sore throat. Then when he sneezes it feels something watery inside of his nose but he's not having a cold or nose discharge. I'm sorry for my bad English but I would like to know how to Improve this. but thank god he's still accepting food and actively playing with me.

my conure is now 8 weeks old. and I can't find any vet near my place :( any suggestions and medications?

it is okay if I can use the birdy min or birdy aid for his condition?

thank you I am new to this forum.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would take the bird to the vet. He was fed the food too cold for a while and now you are seeing abnormalities so it would be good that a professional take a look. If there are no avian vets near you, call a normal vet and ask if they can call an avian vet in your country to consult.

I will tag @Mockinbirdiva in case she knows something else, but in the meantime I would start calling vets and see who will be able help you.

kikoligo

Moving in
Real Name
Marielle
I would take the bird to the vet. He was fed the food too cold for a while and now you are seeing abnormalities so it would be good that a professional take a look. If there are no avian vets near you, call a normal vet and ask if they can call an avian vet in your country to consult.

I will tag @Mockinbirdiva in case she knows something else, but in the meantime I would start calling vets and see who will be able help you.
the bird is doing well and I also fed him with a warmer cerelac now. The only concern that I have is his horse chirp. Thank you so much for your help. :<

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
the bird is doing well and I also fed him with a warmer cerelac now. The only concern that I have is his horse chirp. Thank you so much for your help. :<
Cerelac is for humans and not formulated for birds. How long have you had your conure and is this what you've been feeding him since you've had him? And, what temperature are you feeding this cerelac..... do you use a thermometer to see what the temperature is? Tell us how you prepare this food and feed it and if you measure the temperature how do you do that. He should be on a formula made specifically for birds made to meet all the nutritional requirements they need. As far as the husky voice.... are you even familiar with the normal sound of a young conure? I would also recommend you find an Avian Veterinarian and have your little one thoroughly checked over and weighed. Where do you keep him, in a cage or container?

kikoligo

Moving in
Real Name
Marielle
Cerelac is for humans and not formulated for birds. How long have you had your conure and is this what you've been feeding him since you've had him? And, what temperature are you feeding this cerelac..... do you use a thermometer to see what the temperature is? Tell us how you prepare this food and feed it and if you measure the temperature how do you do that. He should be on a formula made specifically for birds made to meet all the nutritional requirements they need. As far as the husky voice.... are you even familiar with the normal sound of a young conure? I would also recommend you find an Avian Veterinarian and have your little one thoroughly checked over and weighed. Where do you keep him, in a cage or container?
yes, I have a sun conure before that is why I know how they chirp even they are young. the cerelac that we have is for the bird which is the A21. I feed him before a normal temperature such as a normal temperature of the water that we drink but now as recommended by others, I feed him with 38 c now. I keep him in a container.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I feed him before a normal temperature such as a normal temperature of the water that we drink but now as recommended by others, I feed him with 38 c now.
Needs to be a little warmer.
Nutribird A21 is formulated so it can be fed to the bird as low as 39C. Normally baby parrots are fed at 40.5C.
I used Nutribird and I feed at 40.5C - 40C.
It sounds silly but those degrees make a big difference. Prep the food, once it cools to 40.5C, start feeding. If it cools down a little during feeding, it´s ok as long as it doesn´t go below 39C

@Mockinbirdiva here´s the prev. thread: My baby sun conure refuses to eat but active and wants to play with me

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Ah, see, I missed that other thread. I am not familiar with formula in the term of cerelac so I googled it and only came up with varieties of products for human babies. Thank goodness you actually have the Nutribird A21. As @Zara mentioned previously you were feeding the formula at a lower temperature for quite a while which could be a cause for the husky voice but none of us can confirm that or diagnose any ailment because none of us are Avian veterinarians. I am also not familiar with birdy min or birdy aid.. if your little one has an infection from feeding formula too cold ( or from getting formula in his nares... it dried and you used wet buds to clean it ) or he has not been kept in a clean appropriate environment that provides warmth needed for a growing chick there could be an underlying health problem that can only be diagnosed by an Avian vet who can prescribe medicines specific for a health issue... if he has an infection. You won't know that unless you have him examined. There is no room to waver in the care of young babies.

You described "when he sneezes it feels something watery inside of his nose but he's not having a cold or nose discharge." Are you able to see any fluid inside the nares ( nose holes)? This would also be a strong indication he needs to be checked out.

Also, it would be helpful if you are able to upload a video for us to hear what he sounds like and give us a full description of his container or photo and maybe we can help you improve it if needed.