• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My baby Peri

Pandalicious

Checking out the neighborhood
So, I joined this forum after I got my first lovebird, Rain. Unfortunately, Rain died very suddenly exactly a month after I got him. In hind sight I can remember that he didn't chirp at all that morning before I went to work. That was my only sign. When I got home he was very, very sick and went downhill rapidly. I was completely devastated. Knowing me very well, my husband insisted we go out the next day and get me a new bird otherwise I'd probably never get another one.

It took me about a month to really warm up to him because he looked so much like Rain. Took a week to come up with his name - Peri, which is short for Periscope. Because of how he likes to stretch his neck up high and spin his head around to check things out from every angle! At one month I started getting him used to me.

It took about a week before he would perch on my hand in his cage.

And about a month before he was happy being out of his cage.

Now he's my cheeky little buddy who loves annoying my ants. The very first thing he does when he comes out is to remove the cover on the test tube...I'm pretty sure he does it on purpose to see them.

He also really loves annoying the dogs. Most of the time in his cage, he'll hang out up the top playing with his ladders, coconut shells, boing and his stripper pole (okay...its a veg skewer, but he really does act like it's his own personal stripper pole!). As soon as the dogs are in he starts running along the bottom of the cage to attract their attention. When that doesn't work he'll add in some chirping and maybe some wing flapping and hovering. Needless to say, he's NEVER allowed out when the dogs are inside! Little jerk.

He likes to share.

But it's hard to take a good photo because he's OBSESSED with my phone. So many photos of birdie butt. This is right before disaster.

And finally - his feathers change colour in the light. And look at that little purple butt! :smuggrin::heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Peri is such a beautiful bird! S/he sounds like quite the character. Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

I´m sorry for your loss of Rain ❤

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Peri is a real doll! Beautiful colors!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss, and congratulations on Peri!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Peri is gorgeous! My lovebird is obsessed with my phone too, she actually does a mating display for it sometimes. It's so confusing!