• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My Baby Parakeet needs help with Splayed Legs

My flock

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Debra
I was hoping to find someone who can explain the proceedures on how to fix my baby parakeets splayed legs or where can I find good instructions. I have had birds for 36 years and have never had a baby with splayed legs. Please advise Splayed leg Peepers Blue and Vitos first baby.jpg

My flock

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Debra
I was hoping that I could get some good information on how to fix a 3 week old parakeets Splayed Legs. A lot of the YouTube videos are in some other language and I do not understand them. The videos seem somewhat helpful but I need more help. Please advise Splayed leg Peepers Blue and Vitos first baby.jpg

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
When they are young it can be corrected or lessened. Welcome & I hope you get some advice to help your baby.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcome2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hi Debra... this chick is definitely in need of having the legs corrected and I wouldn't waste any time taking care of it. What is the interior of the nestbox like? Can you give us a photo? I'm attaching a link to a thread I corresponded to with information including links on how to help a lovebird chick that was also splayed. The link below starts on page three of that thread.. Please read through the thread, view the video and see if you can follow these instructions.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I answered your other thread regarding this baby with a link to a thread that has information to help you out. Try to keep one thread going for this baby.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
His feet look rather dirty. Try your best to clean the little one up, and keep the nest clean.

I have merged both of the threads RE this chicks legs to contain responses in one place.