• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mustache Parakeet People?

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hello everyone!

I might, just maybeee have the opportunity to adopt a mustache parakeet in a few months.

His name is Pancho, and he belongs to my boss at the moment. His mate passed away recently and she brought him to work so he wouldn't feel alone. (Although she has a lot of birds at home.) We bonded instantly. People call him my 'work boyfriend.'

He is cuddly and talkative and just wants to be with you. His personality is just a ray of sunshine.
He's sweet with everyone, but usually isn't so touchy like he is with me.

Anyhow, my boss has decided to think about rehoming him to the right person, and I think I might at the forefront of her mind, I'm not sure, but I plan on speaking to her about it.

He is such a wonderful bird, but he is the only Mustache 'keet I have spent a lot of time with, and it's only at work after my shift or during my lunch. I don't know the in's and out's of the species.

As always with a possibly new bird, I am doing tons of research, but I thought some people here might have experience and thoughts they can share?

I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
They are really cute!! I hope you get to bring him home.

The biggest consideration is that they will not be cuddly in the way your cockatoo or conure are. My plumhead expresses his pure joy and love for me by deciding to sleep on my shoulder. :)