• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Must Rehome My Cag

Thomas M.

Sitting on the front steps
As my wife and I have gotten up in years we have developed health issues which makes it really hard to give my little girl all the attention she needs. No one including myself wants to do this when you have had a great relationship with your pet through the years. I didn't take into account when I got my grey 8yrs ago that she being only 3yrs old at the time would outlive me by many more. I am looking for someone who has experience with parrots, with greys would be even better. They must be willing to put up with her sometimes noise and her occasional bi polar behavior, meaning she will step up only when she wants to and will be nippy when she wants to also. You must be someone truthful and say you are not a flipper and be able to love her no matter what. I will probably require a few visits to make sure you and her compatible so you will have to live in the DFW area. Please PM if you think you might be interested. ros11_peg.jpg

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
If we didn't have Blu we would take her in a minute. I can't show this to my wife - a Grey is her dream bird. She had a home health patient in Alabama that had one named Sammie that she loved (the patient and the bird). Tulsa isn't that far from the DFW area. We have kids and grandkids in Plano.

Thomas M.

Sitting on the front steps
I forgot to mention that there is a rehoming fee of $500.00, I'm sure there are no flippers on this site but the fee should discourage any if there are. My girl has been well taken care of over the years and her recent yearly avian vet visit was just two months ago in Sept and is in perfect health. She also prefers men over women. Her last owner was also a male. Sorry for not mentioning all this on the initial post.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I would take her in a heart beat. I'm looking for a congo. Love greys. Currently have a tag. However Texas is a bit of a ways away.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thomas please know we have only members who really care about a birds welfare. I am glad you found us. I have a huge weak spot for greys but, like you, not in a position to have any more birds.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Thomas I am in central Oklahoma, and can help transport up to two hours if you need it.

I'm sorry about your circumstance, and I'm confident you can find a great place for her. I just adopted and I know I got lucky, but it's made me feel optimistic about adoptions!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Gorgeous feathers! Clearly a well loved birdo!

I am so sorry you have to make this tough choice. It is never easy and I empathise with you. Great idea to ask on this forum. I hope she finds a wonderful place to live. I am on the other side of the world, but best of luck to you and your family :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Please take your time with prospective buyers and screen them, even if they kick up a fuss. In my area $500 would be cheap enough to still attract flippers.

I can’t let my daughter see this!