• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moustache parakeet breeder Los Angeles area

Cass

Moving in
Real Name
Cassidy
Dear all breeders:

My name is Cass and I live in Los Angeles California. I had been looking for a moustache parakeet baby since February but with no luck~ I don’t know any breeder other than a couple of local bird stores.

If you know someone who might be able to help, please kindly let me know. I will be so thankful :’)

Thank you guys! Have a nice week <3

B34B7AC4-836C-43AA-BC66-DDF8BD8E48DF.jpeg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Outback Aviaries is the only breeder that I can think of. Other than that, an avian pet store may be your best bet. Some are able to purchase species from breeders even if they do not usually sell them. It does not hurt to ask.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You are welcome.

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
You might call Animal Lovers Pet Shop in Torrance, 310-378-3052. The owner Tomi Takemoto is very knowledgeable. She breeds budgies and love birds and has some other birds in her shop. She also hosts a monthly bird lovers meeting in her shop so she may know of a breeder near-by. She does however believe in clipping wings, so you'll need to ask her not to clip if that's your preference and she gets a bird for you.

Cass

Moving in
Real Name
Cassidy
You might call Animal Lovers Pet Shop in Torrance, 310-378-3052. The owner Tomi Takemoto is very knowledgeable. She breeds budgies and love birds and has some other birds in her shop. She also hosts a monthly bird lovers meeting in her shop so she may know of a breeder near-by. She does however believe in clipping wings, so you'll need to ask her not to clip if that's your preference and she gets a bird for you.
Thank you ! I will call and ask tomorrow.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You can also contact Richard Cusick ( owner of Outback Aviaries- located in San Diego, Calif ) on his facebook page:
He does have blue mustached parakeets and turquoise parakeets listed... I don't know if any are available.. contact him.

Cass

Moving in
Real Name
Cassidy
Th
You can also contact Richard Cusick ( owner of Outback Aviaries- located in San Diego, Calif ) on his facebook page:
He does have blue mustached parakeets and turquoise parakeets listed... I don't know if any are available.. contact him.

I called them with no luck. I called at least 10 places but they all said they might have none this year because of the virus.

Sad, but I will wait.

Thank you my dear :heart: