• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video met a too today

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
When I volunteered in a bird shelter I saw that all the time. It's sad :( . That's like signing off your child off for adoption whenever they did something you don't like.
Thats sad and all too common. Ive only rehomed two animals. Guinea pigs that i ended up being allergic to and couldnt breath. All my atshma meds and allergy meds couldnt fix it so i found them a good home. And a lab that was extremly high strung and was unhappy and bored at our house and needed a family that was more active and would give him a task to do to occupy him . he is thriving with them and theyve had him 6 years now. If not for it benefitting him and the allergys theyd still be here.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Bubbles is adorable!:heart: I hope she finds a forever home soon. Poor little girl.:( You will have to go back and visit her! (Btw, you talk to her just like I talk to birds, etc. too!:wacky:)

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Bubbles is adorable!:heart: I hope she finds a forever home soon. Poor little girl.:( You will have to go back and visit her! (Btw, you talk to her just like I talk to birds, etc. too!:wacky:)
We go in once a week usually. Ill keep speaking to her and offering skritches if she likes. I did hear a lady asking about her...but she mostly wanted to know how much she costs and I dont know if she was serious about her or just curious.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Thanks Aubry for explaning what LSC means. I had Sunshine crawling on me while I was posting last night...I tried to get away with the abbreviation...my bad...
Lol...no worries. Im glad sunshine is making himself right at home!

Laura729

Jogging around the block
She has such a precious face!!
Lucius likes to hold a big piece of newspaper with his foot and rip off long strips. :)

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
She has such a precious face!!
Lucius likes to hold a big piece of newspaper with his foot and rip off long strips. :)
She really does. I hope she finds a home soon. But in the meantime she seems to be occupied! Lol.
Lucius sounds pretty smart. Holding it and then ripping strips...who needs a shredder huh?

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That video is so funny and cute! :hehe::heart::lol:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Bubbles is one cute Too! I love it when he pokes his head out from under the newspaper!:)

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Bubbles is one cute Too! I love it when he pokes his head out from under the newspaper!:)
She is a ham! At one point she pops up and says "i looove you". So if course i said it back...lol
Was sorry i didn't get it on video tho

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
OMG I am so glad my partner doesn't look at this site or he would be getting an airline ticket for her
. 20131226_010623.jpg 20131226_010633.jpg 20131226_010745.jpg feb 2014 018.JPG

Misty, our sulphur crested cockatoo was my partners sweetheart. He misses her terribly.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I agree with you on that...I can't bare to think of Frankie passing before me...I have specific instructions in my will for him.

Smbrds

Real Name
Shawn
What a shame and very sad how she was given up. Poor baby. She's adorable as toos are. They're very special birds.

If my significant other had to make me choose between them or my bird, or wanted me to get rid of him...they'd be out the door in a hot minute.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a shame and very sad how she was given up. Poor baby. She's adorable as toos are. They're very special birds.

If my significant other had to make me choose between them or my bird, or wanted me to get rid of him...they'd be out the door in a hot minute.
So true!