• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video met a too today

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
This is 12 year old bubbles . if i understood her back story correctly she was bonded to her female owner and the husband was bitten so he made her give her up. Makes me sad and mad. Shes a sweet too. Dosent like men at all..but for seeing me all of once in her life...came over for skritches. I was a little nervous (big beaks scare me)...but she was receptive. I just wanted everyone to see what a pretty too she is.
Dropbox - 20160514_180506.mp4

Last edited:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Poor thing, if any of us went by the first time we got bit nobody would have a bird very long. Not very nice to dump her once she was bonded with her family member. I've been bit on the ears, nose, lips, etc and nobody left. Of course I was royally ticked off but they are jungle creatures and play by their rules not ours.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm thankful that my hubby is more tolerant but then so am I. I do feel sad that someone was forced to give her up and I suspect that will come up in their future, unfortunately. It is very much like giving up an unruly child.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Poor thing, if any of us went by the first time we got bit nobody would have a bird very long. Not very nice to dump her once she was bonded with her family member. I've been bit on the ears, nose, lips, etc and nobody left. Of course I was royally ticked off but they are jungle creatures and play by their rules not ours.
I agree x20000000.3
I feel so sad for her. If I had the right set up and finacially could give her a happy healthy and forever home id snatch her . i do realise she may not be as sweet once home but id do right by her anyways if i could. Im hoping she finds a great home. She is in longview texas at a shop called wetpets n critters if anyone is interested in her. She talked to me saying hi . im a pretty bird. I love you. And mumbled goodbye be good when i walked away .She seems desperatly looking out at the world. She dosent understand why shes there instead of home.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
To be fair i dont know that it was just one bite...but my feelings are the same regardless.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Awwww, seen that too many times, hubby / wife jealous.. Got bit..hope she has/ gets a soft place to land.
Me too. She deserves a safe happy home.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Quite agree...happy has bit mine and he hasnt made me ship her out. And he isnt even a bird fan. Not that i would ship her out!!
@Sandra

Last edited:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Bubbles look a lot like my Cassie. (an LSC)

So sad she has to find a new home...:(
Awe... I know it makes you think of cassie. What does lsc stand for if i may ask. Sorry im not well versed on the larger parrots yet. Im learning tho

MarieL

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
She's beautiful. I hate the owner had to give her up. If DH said it was him or the bird I'm afraid hubby might be re-homed. Actually Sebastian did give Hubby some nasty bites when we first got him. We adapted. Hubby doesn't hold him unless I'm close by. Hubby does give him scritches and rub his beak when he passes by his cage. I'm pretty sure Hubby tolerates Sebastian because he knows how much I love him (Sebastian and hubby cause he tolerates Sebastian).

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ps :sorry for sounding like a doofus on the video. I just seem to talk like that when speaking to anything...even my plants !
You sounded too cute :)

I think LSC is lesser sulphur cockatoo. :)

I too feel terrible for this poor sweet 2 :o: She seems like such a doll :heart:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
You sounded too cute :)

I think LSC is lesser sulphur cockatoo. :)

I too feel terrible for this poor sweet 2 :o: She seems like such a doll :heart:
Thanks for the explination. The place shes at is good to her. They give her attention and she seems to feel comfortable enough.... Her story just makes me sad. I know the one she was bonded too mustve been heartbroken and im trying not to be judgemental. I dont know the whole story and i couldve misunderstood something.
I do know she seems to be a very sweet bird (i know that could be misleading)...but she just seems to be . they say she definatly enjoys chewing up wood and toys. I really hope the right person takes her home.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Personally i think its unrealistic for anyone to get a bird or any animal for that manner and expect it to like everyone and never bite! We have words to express our displeasure pain bordem ect....animals have body language and mouths. It really is simple as that.
But that said....i dont have a too clamped on my face and Im sure too ownership is not for the fainthearted!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the explination. The place shes at is good to her. They give her attention and she seems to feel comfortable enough.... Her story just makes me sad. I know the one she was bonded too mustve been heartbroken and im trying not to be judgemental. I dont know the whole story and i couldve misunderstood something.
I do know she seems to be a very sweet bird (i know that could be misleading)...but she just seems to be . they say she definatly enjoys chewing up wood and toys. I really hope the right person takes her home.
I hope a good person finds her too... And quickly! It'll break my heart if she lives in a pet store for years :( Leto spent 2 yrs in rescue/foster care :cry3: Breaks my heart!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Personally i think its unrealistic for anyone to get a bird or any animal for that manner and expect it to like everyone and never bite! We have words to express our displeasure pain bordem ect....animals have body language and mouths. It really is simple as that.
But that said....i dont have a too clamped on my face and Im sure too ownership is not for the fainthearted!
Amen, sister!!!!!!!

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
When I volunteered in a bird shelter I saw that all the time. It's sad :( . That's like signing off your child off for adoption whenever they did something you don't like.