• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MBS alert!!!!

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
He seemed so unique, I just couldn't say no to him.
I know EXACTLY what you mean. This is how it was with my Lovie Coco when I found him at a pet store at the age of 9 weeks and he jumped off his hanging toy in his cage and rushed to come running to me at my end of his cage :heart: :xflove: :cupid::cloud9::swoon::loveshower::jawsmiley::faint: I couldn't say no to him either ;)

Mariannee

Avenue Veteran
Yes I get it as well, I had to stop going to the pet store altogether. Shamrock was bought because the females were beating on him. And my daughter's budgies were bought because she was pining for them after she saw them when we went to get her brother's lovie. I just can't win so now my mantra is no room at the inn and I buy all products online. Your new budgie is stunning! Is that what is referred to as a clear wing? I am lost on mutations as I will never breed so I have never paid much attention to them. I can see why you could not resist that little beauty. :laughing12:

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
OMG! He's :xflove: precious! I can see how he stole your heart

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
He is gorgeous! I just LOVE those wings! :heart: :heart: :heart:

@Monica might be able to help with his mutation.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
What a cutie pie! Congrats!

And don't feel bad...pet store birds need love too. He hit the jackpot!

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
He looks like a beautifully marked Green Opaline Spangle. I'm not the greatest with Mutations, so there might be somethine else that I'm missing.
I just love the spangle.

What a cutie pie! Congrats!

And don't feel bad...pet store birds need love too. He hit the jackpot!
Who knows what kind of home he would of ended up in!

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
I sense the beginning of a beautiful relationship brewing :heart: Keep socializing him daily, and he will keep being your little pot of mush :xflove:

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
I sense the beginning of a beautiful relationship brewing :heart: Keep socializing him daily, and he will keep being your little pot of mush :xflove:
Hopefully he'll keep some of his tameness when he gets introduced to the other budgies in a months time. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the play area I have for the flock.

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Hopefully he'll keep some of his tameness when he gets introduced to the other budgies in a months time....
He should, as long as you keep handling him, cuddling him and socializing him this way on a daily basis during your month alone together, and afterwards as well. That month should solidify your bond to where he won't forget it, even after he's been introduced to the others. That is what happened to my Lovies, even when they were in the presence of each other. They never forgot our bond and always flew to me, when out of cage. Now, I don't know if the budgie species is vastly different in temperament and nature than Lovebirds, but this has been my experience with all three Lovies that I have had.

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Citrus is gorgeous! I don't believe I have ever seen that pattern before on budgie wings!

BTW, I am soooo guilty of this too. Alex and Skyler were bought this way. This is why I try not to go into pet stores anymore, or at least when I go in I try not to look at the birds. :(

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
He should, as long as you keep handling him, cuddling him and socializing him this way on a daily basis during your month alone together, and afterwards as well. That month should solidify your bond to where he won't forget it, even after he's been introduced to the others. That is what happened to my Lovies, even when they were in the presence of each other. They never forgot our bond and always flew to me, when out of cage. Now, I don't know if the budgie species is vastly different in temperament and nature than Lovebirds, but this has been my experience with all three Lovies that I have had.
I've done this with all my Budgies as I've gotten them. However, they always end up prefering each other.

I keep them flighted. So they usually dont stick around me for very long.

But they do remember me. They will step up, and fly to me when they want to.

I enjoy the relationship I have with my Budgies, even if it isn't the traditional companion relationship most people look for in a pet.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Congratulations! Such beautiful colors on your new baby!

MBS: LOL! My siggie has outed me that I, too, am a victim of this very real condition.