• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Magidome

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I think this might have some potential for people who want to create large play area for their birds -- for only $90 US (plus lumber).

Their product is simply the connectors, and since everyone (?) has access to standard lumber, this approach really cuts down on expense from the shipping of large items.

It would also allow for assembly and disassembly to move it around as required.

Even if I don't go this route, it's got me thinking about how I might use a modular approach to build something like this.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That looks great. The two issues I can see (I have only ever had GW macaws - master wood chewers) is that with many of our parrots is that the wood will be chewed through or badly damaged quickly. Also, we have coyotes, raccoons and other predators that can dig under the bottom and kill your birds without a bottom to stop them.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Agree on both accounts, and great clarification.

Since the wood is standard lumber, they're easily replaced when worn -- I'm viewing those as disposable. This a valuable feature to me with my chewers too.

I'm also fortunate to have room inside for this setup, so I'm thinking of it more as an indoor play stand rather than an outdoor enclosure.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Agree on both accounts, and great clarification.

Since the wood is standard lumber, they're easily replaced when worn -- I'm viewing those as disposable. This a valuable feature to me with my chewers too.

I'm also fortunate to have room inside for this setup, so I'm thinking of it more as an indoor play stand rather than an outdoor enclosure.
Did you never go for the pvc pipe playstand ?

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Did you never go for the pvc pipe playstand
I didn't.

I actually have enough play areas for them currently, but I'm gathering and storing ideas for when (not yet started) renovations are complete.

Between now and reno completion, we'll have to collapse into about 600sq ft before being able to fully utilize the entire space so I'm not adding at this point.