• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw people, help needed.

lilparrots4me

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa

I will pay for him. If someone can get him, take to the vet, and house him while I find transportation for him up here.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The area code is Miami, FL. Info says the number is owned by a 70 year old man now living in GA. Be careful this is not a scam.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
The area code is Miami, FL. Info says the number is owned by a 70 year old man now living in GA. Be careful this is not a scam.
Yeah, there's something really off about whole thing IMHO. The bird isn't a B&G, I don't know my hybrids very, but I think she is one. She is totally a gorgeous girl. Urg! These kinds of ads are why I hate craigslist and kijiji. The cage is absolutely pitiful :sad4: I hate seeing any creature kept such conditions. I hope she'll find a soft place to land but I would also caution anyone responding to this ad too. As I would be wary of anyone who keep a bird like that. Also a flipper or scam artist comes to mind too. :(

Edit: looking at the ad again her feathers are in good condition from what I can see, which screams flipper to me. Because there's such a contrast between the condition of her and her cage. I'm betting she was probably decently looked after a some point her life. Also it wouldn't surprise me if some flippers intentionally use bad cages to appeal the bleeding hearts out there. I know these ads get to me. Sometimes people can really suck

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Says she is in FL hence the number & bird is with parents in GE. They are moving to Georgia. Could be her number is under the parents so hence the 70 year old. Could be legit...Still the bird would have to be looked at in Georgia & only paid for when picked up.

They are moving from FL///Looks like the parents are still in GE with the bird & the daughter is in FL...Could be OK...

Would not send any money for a CL ad. Has to be money for bird physical exchange,

Just get the bird as the cage is unacceptible for the bird who looks to be in a garage or storage room fed a diet of sunflower seeds & has less than 1/2 inch of water. I see grill cleaner & battery cleaner on the shelf near her...

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yeah, there's something really off about whole thing IMHO. The bird isn't a B&G, I don't know my hybrids very, but that I think she is one. She is totally a gorgeous girl. Urg! These kinds of ads are why I hate craigslist and kijiji. The cage is absolutely pitiful :sad4: I hate seeing any creature kept such conditions. I hope she'll find a soft place to land but I would also caution anyone responding to this ad too. As I would be wary of anyone who keep a bird like that. Also a flipper or scam artist comes to mind too. :(
She certainly is a hybrid and not a B&G! She is in the most pitiful conditions ever! I hope she finds a lovely forever home but I am with you on this one @Sarahmoluccan.......I think anyone looking to purchase this bird needs to be very careful with how they go about it but I really hope someone will get her out of that awful cage ASAP.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Phone number is not showing now reads error...Be careful as you never know...Just never go alone & never send money. Pick up only...The bird needs help asap.

I meant to say it seems they are moving from GE to FL...Bird is in GE with parents..

Really there are some sunflower seed shells on the cage bottom & very few left in the bowl. The water bowl has very little water & not sure a big beak like that could get water with its tongue if the water was under half inch high...

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Rehome Ads: Craigslist Ads and other Rehome Ads can be posted to the Rehome Highway forum only if you are the person rehoming or know the person rehoming the bird. Special considerations can be made for certain urgent ads but you must have staff approval before posting them. When commenting on rehome ads please do so without personal laments/criticism about the content of the ad (ex: why the bird is up for rehome, the condition of the cage or what's in it, poor/negative condition of the bird and any mistakes found in the ad, angry/sarcastic emoticons, etc). Making subtle references in a round-about way is still breaking the rule and is not allowed. If your ad post appears elsewhere on the board, it will be reviewed and, if approved, moved to Rehome Highway.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I want to say something but don’t know how to without breaking the rules so I’ll leave it at I would proceed with extreme caution that it isn’t a scam. Locally for me I have a lot of people smuggling in parrots of varying species and writing fake stories about them. Sometimes the parrots are real and sometimes not. I think this parrot certainly warrants time and care, just be careful. :heart:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I would be beyond extremely cautious. There are other ads in FL that to me look like the same bird but with different names for macaws such Maui and Catalina

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
That ad was posted 13 days & was removed today so if its legit hope the bird has found a safe place to land.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
That ad was posted 13 days & was removed today so if its legit hope the bird has found a safe place to land.
I just found at 9:12 CST so its still there asking 1500.00

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yeah, there's something really off about whole thing IMHO. The bird isn't a B&G, I don't know my hybrids very, but I think she is one. She is totally a gorgeous girl. Urg! These kinds of ads are why I hate craigslist and kijiji. The cage is absolutely pitiful :sad4: I hate seeing any creature kept such conditions. I hope she'll find a soft place to land but I would also caution anyone responding to this ad too. As I would be wary of anyone who keep a bird like that. Also a flipper or scam artist comes to mind too. :(

Edit: looking at the ad again her feathers are in good condition from what I can see, which screams flipper to me. Because there's such a contrast between the condition of her and her cage. I'm betting she was probably decently looked after a some point her life. Also it wouldn't surprise me if some flippers intentionally use bad cages to appeal the bleeding hearts out there. I know these ads get to me. Sometimes people can really suck
From having moved to FL last July I've found that many people have kept their cell phone #s from previous locations. I still have mine which is an 847 area code from a Chicago suburb. A lady I met from the Palm Coast Garden Club has a 305 (Miami) #, another lady who bakes specialty cookies kept her 609 (south NJ )# and another lady has a 914 (old Westchester County) #.

I have an adult stepson in Tallahassee whom I could contact and ask to "visit" this bird & owner. Jeff's 6'11" so I'm not worried about the people involved. @lilparrots4me Let me know, it can't hurt to ask.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
You can keep your numbers now even when you switch carriers & move so its the norm now. You can even port a home landline onto a cell now but that number would have to stay in its same area...Can't tell much anymore with cell phones but with GPS if its on you can put in the number in a website & it will tell you where the phone is located at the moment...Cool!!!!