• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

luigi the meyers ; update!

cooheart

Moving in
Real Name
eliot
hi everyone! it's been quite awhile since i've posted. i came here to ask about my meyers behavior, and received lots of help, which i appreciate so much!

since my last post, what we thought to be luigi's hormone calls have continued. though, after a lot of research, i have decided it's probably more of a defensive/scared kind of call. if i get too close while he's asleep in his cage, he does it. if i try to take his dishes, he does it. if i move my hand too fast while he's on my shoulder, he does it. it's very rare he actually bites, and he's always sweet after. i can pet him with no problem, and he's learning to fly to me if i'm close.

all in all, he's doing very well, eating well. i'm going to make another post because it seems he's getting birdy dandruff. thank you all for your help last time! :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nice to hear you are both doing well.

If he is scared, be patient with him. Just remember never to force him, let him decide.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are you giving him any coconut or red palm oil? They can help with the skin and feathers.

cooheart

Moving in
Real Name
eliot
Nice to hear you are both doing well.

If he is scared, be patient with him. Just remember never to force him, let him decide.
trust me, i do. he gets startled no reason most of the time though.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Good show! So glad all is going so well!