• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird Genetic Calculator

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
Hello. Basically, I know how to use the calculator, but I have a doubt. I don’t understand what T1 or T2 mean. I’ve read their description, but it still doesn’t make sense. Can someone help, thanks.

Attachments

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I don't think it means anything... I look at the same calculator and it's there... for just a moment. Then it disappears. This is what it looks like in the same area once the page is completely loaded.

1578148446083.png

Hopefully that helps! :)

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian
I don't think it means anything... I look at the same calculator and it's there... for just a moment. Then it disappears. This is what it looks like in the same area once the page is completely loaded.

View attachment 324777

Oh its something. I think it has to do

View attachment 324777

You will see it once you mix the parblue and blue chromosomes. I think it has to do with color but I am not sure. This is what I found

Attachments

Lovebird27

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christian

View attachment 324777

There’s a significant difference between Parblue and Parblue-Blue. I am not sure if its related to T1 or T2...

Attachments

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
A par-blue bird would have the par-blue mutations on each chromosome...

A par-blue blue bird would have par-blue on one chromosome and blue on the other chromosome.

The "dark blue chromosome" seems to be talking about dark factor... it doesn't have anything to do with par-blue mutations.... or necessarily with the blue mutation at all... perhaps they were just discussing how it could appear.

In example T1, the bird received dark factor and blue mutation from the father. (most likely)

In example T2, the bird received the dark factor from the father, the blue mutation from the mother. (most likely)

Visually speaking, it's the same... a green bird with one dark factor split for blue.

Otherwise, I'm not sure.