• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lorikeet having trouble sleeping!

KoiTeeth

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi guys! I’m new here! (I deeply apologise if I posted this in the wrong place!) I made an account to wonder what was happening with my boy.
I have an olive rainbow lorikeet named Kye, he turned 2 last month and is the happiest, sweetest boy I’ve ever owned. Apart from a few unprovoked bites every now and then, he’s a sweetheart.
However, over the past few days I’ve noticed he just will not go to sleep. I cover his cage around 7-8pm every night. He gets around 2-4 hours of free time every single day. However, lately he’s been really causing a ruckus later on in the night. He’s started dropping down to the bottom of his cage randomly and digging at the paper, typically in the corner of his cage. He normally does this during the day to tell me he wants to come out, but now he’s doing it late at night, he even was doing it at 2 am last night. He’s also been whistling and talking at random intervals during the night, something he also does VERY frequently during the day too. He normally sleeps just fine, cover him up at around 7-8 and wakes up at 6-7. It’s so weird! I haven’t noticed a change in his attitude. He’s still eating, drinking, bathing and doing everything he normally would. I’m just wondering why he’s not sleeping! It’s so odd of him. Would any of you guys have any idea what would cause this? Below are some photos of my pretty boy!

Attachments

KoiTeeth

Checking out the neighborhood
Update: it’s currently 12:45AM and he’s at the bottom of the cage right now digging at the paper. He’s only getting around 5-6 hours sleep which isn’t nearly enough, and not only that- it’s INCREDIBLY annoying. The whole house is silent, nothing could’ve woken him up.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump4: