• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lazy Afternoon

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got to see a breeding pair of HY's in Ohio at Hartman's Aviary years ago. They were in large breeding cages in the woods. There were other breeding pairs of macaws in cages in the woods too. He wanted to give them a more natural environment. We also saw 2 baby HY's at a parrot place north of Philly years ago too. Amazing birds.

The video....OMG I can see a cage wouldn't last long with a HY unless it was super heavy duty.

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
Your birds are absolutely stunning and I can't get enough of your beautiful pics. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Do your hy's talk alot?
That beak would scare me lol
I thought the greenwings' was scary but yours wins hands down. :)
Anything that can crack open a macadamia nut deserves to have it lol
How very sweet of you to say. Heidi is a pretty good talker but she is kind of a shy talker. You can see her paying attention to every word you say and every thing you do. So I know she is interested in learning.

Ann I think you have some pretty stunning birds yourself!

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
I got to see a breeding pair of HY's in Ohio at Hartman's Aviary years ago. They were in large breeding cages in the woods. There were other breeding pairs of macaws in cages in the woods too. He wanted to give them a more natural environment. We also saw 2 baby HY's at a parrot place north of Philly years ago too. Amazing birds.

The video....OMG I can see a cage wouldn't last long with a HY unless it was super heavy duty.
Not all hyacinths are interested in destroying everything around them like Kaiser and of course Shezbug's Burt. LOL

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not all hyacinths are interested in destroying everything around them like Kaiser and of course Shezbug's Burt. LOL
My B&G Macaw, "JaKhu" is also very destructive. My previous B&G was not.

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
My B&G Macaw, "JaKhu" is also very destructive. My previous B&G was not.
Those very destructive birds present additional challenges to bird ownership. Not to mention its hard to find toys that will hold up to their destruction.