• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures JoJo and Chickie’s kitchen August 2020

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
  • Haha
Reactions: Ali

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
We would need a place to put a freezer first.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
in the garage! If you put away some of your toys:roflmao:
Never got a garage, I got a car port and a shed with no power. I wanted a garage but this was the best house for the money we could find so made it work.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Never got a garage, I got a car port and a shed with no power. I wanted a garage but this was the best house for the money we could find so made it work.
Car ports are nice and breezy. My car sits outside in the driveway. There’s all kinds of clutter so only one car fits in the garage. The garage is attached to the kitchen and these days no one is driving so there is no awful smell of gasoline coming into the kitchen. Not a good design imo.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Car ports are nice and breezy. My car sits outside in the driveway. There’s all kinds of clutter so only one car fits in the garage. The garage is attached to the kitchen and these days no one is driving so there is no awful smell of gasoline coming into the kitchen. Not a good design imo.
Well the car port is certainly nice on a sunny day but only one car fits at a time and I'd love to have a garage to stash the Dart in. I do all my work under it like fixing the cars or the washer or whatever. I'm still slowly adding the wall shelves to the shed has I have time and feel like it. Surprising how much I didn't feel like doing anything with all the time off. I did get some critical stuff done though once I got motivated.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
and Rocky loves cajun! That will probably be the one I will try first. :starshower1:
LScoot loved the Cajun mix. No one else tried it! Jackson likes mushy ip split peas. Rudy likes intact stovetop split peas. BScoot likes stovetop paddy rice. I’m not fond of sweating over a hot stovetop :mad2:

459C6D40-A327-4F16-A021-57D5C39A8B57.jpeg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
LScoot loved the Cajun mix. No one else tried it! Jackson likes mushy ip split peas. Rudy likes intact stovetop split peas. BScoot likes stovetop paddy rice. I’m not fond of sweating over a hot stovetop :mad2:

View attachment 349242
What’s with these Greys making us hot! I have to roast chickpeas in the toaster oven for 40 min. every day making the kitchen unbearable :wideyed:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What’s with these Greys making us hot! I have to roast chickpeas in the toaster oven for 40 min. every day making the kitchen unbearable :wideyed:
Do they become crunchy ? Please don’t suggest these to BScoot omg! :wideyed:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Do they become crunchy ? Please don’t suggest these to BScoot omg! :wideyed:
They must be totally dried out and crunchy or she’ll poo poo them :roflmao:
she won’t eat them fresh anymore. I created a chick pea monster:p
Oh she also must have them past ready in the instant pot which makes them dry out better while roasting :roflmao:
and every brand dry chick peas require different cooking times in the IP to meet her demands omg :lol:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
IP and in that SS strainer bucket thing approx. 35-45 minute high pressure depending on brand of chickies, 40 min. natural pressure release.
Freeze them (per Rocky’s instructions) in daily portions. Next day, thaw in microwave, blot with paper towel to absorb all moisture. Spread out on foil and in 350 degree oven with my amount of chickies about 40 minutes. That time probably drastically changes with different ovens and amount of chick peas.
Go ahead, start cooking! :rofl: Jack!!!
twice a day she wants it:facepalm:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
IP and in that SS strainer bucket thing approx. 35-45 minute high pressure depending on brand of chickies, 40 min. natural pressure release.
Freeze them (per Rocky’s instructions) in daily portions. Next day, thaw in microwave, blot with paper towel to absorb all moisture. Spread out on foil and in 350 degree oven with my amount of chickies about 40 minutes. That time probably drastically changes with different ovens and amount of chick peas.
Go ahead, start cooking! :rofl: Jack!!!
twice a day she wants it:facepalm:
you really have created a chickpea monster! :flowgdnc: :roflmao: