• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this behavior hormonal?

Haydenb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hayden Barr
Ok so I have an almost 1 year old female gcc and me & some of my other family members will wag our pointer finger up and down & say dance to have her bob her head up and down really fast & say "dance dance"
It's really cute but I've heard it's a hormonal thing but she did that within a week or so of me getting her when she was a couple months old & she does it whenever she's energetic & someone she likes does the dance dance finger wag thing so I wanna get you guy's input on it.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Mojo loves to dance and her head does bob but its not hormonal its her dancing.
We dont wag our fingers but ask her if shes dancing when music is playing. If we play i feel love by Donna Summer she dances without any encouragement.
Head bobbing can be a hormonal behaviour but can also mean i am a very happy bird and enjoying life.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Koopa used to do this too, was not hormonal.

Her favorites were Macklemore: Thrift Shop and Skrillex: Roll N Roll (Take Me to the Mountain) :lol:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Jade will nod her head if I tap my fingers on something or nod my head. I think she's just having fun.

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
Head bobbing with mouth closed is fine (although it can be a sign of aggression). Head bobbing with mouth open and wings slightly spread is a baby or hormonal behavior. As a baby, they are asking for food, as an adult they are asking a mate to regurgitate for them or they are regurgitating. My GCC still does it if you wag a finger in front of him - we try to avoid provoking it and distracting him if he starts.