• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this “moulting & conditioning” formula any good?

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Hello!
So I went to my local pet store today and found this moulting and conditioning formula by kaytee (see attached photo). My own two budgies are moulting so I am wondering if this is safe or if anyone uses the same thing. I searched up the ingredients and attched it to this thread. I am very skeptical based on some of the ingredients i saw:huh::meh: What exactly does it do? Does it help them moult in any way? How should it be served? Is it safe/healthy? Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What do your budgies normally eat?

This is essentially a way for Kaytee to sell crappy seed mixes that aren't nutritionally complete and then get you to buy extra stuff.

If your bird isn't eating pellets, this can help fill in some of the gaps. Otherwise it's unnecessary.

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
What do your budgies normally eat?

This is essentially a way for Kaytee to sell crappy seed mixes that aren't nutritionally complete and then get you to buy extra stuff.

If your bird isn't eating pellets, this can help fill in some of the gaps. Otherwise it's unnecessary.
My birds eat a mix of pellets and some seeds, athough we are trying to convert to all pellets. They also get veggie chop throughout the day.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My birds eat a mix of pellets and some seeds, athough we are trying to convert to all pellets. They also get veggie chop throughout the day.
Budgies don't need to be on all pellets :) Sounds like a well rounded diet to me! You can probably feed that but it's not a necessity :) just mix it with some of their other food.