• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my budgie abnormal?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Cyan, and Welcome!

The beak on your beautiful young budgie does seem to point outward instead of curving inward. The tail feathers may or may not grow in after some time. If it were my young bird, I would definitely bring him/her to my vet to inquire about how best to care of the little one.

There are others who have more experience, though, and could be more helpful. I will tag them below so they can find your thread.

@Lori D Pert @Destiny @Ripshod @Lady Jane

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Don't worry about the feathers. Even with an adult it takes 6-8 weeks for those to fully grow.
The beak is likely from eating hard foods too soon while the beak is still soft. However I would get them in for a baseline health check with a vet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Such a cute little budgie! Definitely get your birds into a vet for baseline checkup.. These are very important for the life of your budgie. They are fragile little birds. Each budgie is an individual with different rates of growth and that includes feathers. If this budgie was in a group of budgies as in a pet store there could have been some feather damages done by other budgies or toys in the cage.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Did you get this budgie from a store or raise him yourself? If raised yourself, has his beak always been different?

The tail feathers are short, but will probably grow in later. The beak is more concerning. Do you have any photos from the front or slightly above?