• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Interaction with wild parrot

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Hi there!!

Yesterday we visited a valley, we haven't decided where to go before heading to the place
I don't like to let tweety alone without anyone to look after him. So i thought it'll be ok and good for him to see the nature and trees as long as I'm with him and keeping my eyes on him.
So when we reached our destination my dad pointed at the palm trees and told me those trees where wild *Indian ringnecked parrots live.
I was excited to see them this close but not when i got my Indian ringnecked
So before sunset the wild parrots came over in incredible and beautiful show, screaming for each other to allocate flock's members ........and here we go....
Tweety screamed too when he heard the flock.
God i was terrified he really want to go with them XD
But after the first group passed he backed to chewing in my phone's case as like nothing happened
But after that, a parrot seemed to recognize tweety's call and it was screaming for tweety and landed in the nearest palm tree.
Tweety was excited with flock and communicate with them whenever they pass by

His behaviours didn't change at all btw, and he seems ok when he hears the flock call unlike his first week home

What do think about this story?
Regardless all of that. I'm wondering if ever a wild flock will react with a pet parro's call and accept it as a member of the family? Especially Indian ringnecked?

*Note: Indian ringnecked parrots weren't naturally live in my place 50 years ago.
You can say they are new local birds, as far as we know this species non migrated

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Regardless all of that. I'm wondering if ever a wild flock will react with a pet parro's call and accept it as a member of the family? Especially Indian ringnecked?
They should not because they do not carry trust building exercises with him like foraging, roosting etc.

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
Also how did you acquire your rigneck? Was he hurt and you found him or otherwise?

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
No. Just my dad bought him a 4 months ago ^^
All 12 Indian Parrot species are protected by the Wildlife Protection Act and is punishable by law. Now you can't do anything but please keep it in mind while getting a bird next time:)

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
All 12 Indian Parrot species are protected by the Wildlife Protection Act and is punishable by law. Now you can't do anything but please keep it in mind while getting a bird next time:)
That's it!!
I didn't know that :(
Maybe it depends on which country or so, i think.
I know it's illegal to buy or sell Indian parrots in India.
Thank you for letting me know that

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
So are you in India? Because your profile says otherwise. Also the law is applicable only in India.

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
So are you in India? Because your profile says otherwise. Also the law is applicable only in India.
No I'm not ^^*
I just said so because i knew that while searching.
I did know about Indian parrots protection act

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Then it is not illegal. But how come ringnecks in Saudi Arabia?
I don't know the main reason
Even my grandmother was surprised when i showed her a video i took of the flock passing by our house.
I think someone released them in wild among palm trees and they started breeding when they found food and good place to
Besides it's the only type of parrots live in my country