• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
My heart aches for you. I am so sorry that this happened and I am sending hugs your way.

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
Delta~ I know exactly what you mean.....My first little Senegal, in a split second was killed by my little dog .....I thought I took all the precautions but it happened so fast and of course I had the guilt.....and even though my mind knew that it wasn't Troopers' fault at all, it took some time.....now, I have another bird and I am even MORE cautious than before. Having dogs and birds in the same home (IMO) is a risk just the same and I cringe every time I see people trusting their sweet faced little doggies with their birds....... You loved your little Chaz and sometimes no matter how we try to prevent it......accidents will happen........I am so sorry for your loss :hug8:

Morghen

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
:hug8: I'm sorry for your loss.

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
Thank you everyone for all your kind words. It does help knowing others understand my pain.

Chaz was sent off yesterday for cremation and when he returns he will be put in the same urn as Chico is in. They were the best of friends and will now be together forever.

Chaz was never really the same when Chico died. I am trying to find peace in knowing that they are together flying high and loving each other they way they did when they both were here with me.

I find it was rather ironic. Chico passed when he was 5 years old and Chaz passed when he was 5 years old.

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I had Chaz cremated and his remains returned home last night. I put him in with Chico, in the same urn. This is where he was meant to go. It was very hard and I cried the whole time doing it. I cried for my loss of Chaz, I cried for my loss of Chico, I cried for them leaving this world so soon and I cried because I am happy they are now together forever.

I know I shouldn't but I continue to blame myself for bringing Yori into my home. If I had not done that, my Chaz would still be alive.

I am getting a plate done up for the urn. It says Chico with birth and death and underneath "my sweet little man" that is what I used to call him. Then Chaz's name, his dates and "my chazmanian devil" that is what he was and fit the bill perfectly. Then underneath both of their names I am having engraved, "together forever".

Status
Not open for further replies.