• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm so excited for tomorrow

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
So I'm sure plenty of you saw me asking about the carriers last week. Well I got one of these in:

astronautcarrier.png
And I HATED it. It might be ok for the smaller guys, but there is no way Slade wouldn't rip the thing aparty on the sides, and I couldn't find a single way to zip it fast enough that he wouldn't be trying to escape angrily. My husband said "Why did you even buy that, you should of just bought what you really want and what will be safe and adequate for Slade." So low and behold I have this coming tomorrow!

birdiegogo.png
The customer service was fantastic. I even realized I put the wrong address in and called them and they had me text the address to that same number, then about a half an hour later told me it shipped! I was hoping for more time to get Slade use to it, but, at least now I won't be worried about him escaping by ripping a hole in fabric mesh. I'll post the pics of it when it gets here tomorrow :D

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
So I'm sure plenty of you saw me asking about the carriers last week. Well I got one of these in:

View attachment 314500
And I HATED it. It might be ok for the smaller guys, but there is no way Slade wouldn't rip the thing aparty on the sides, and I couldn't find a single way to zip it fast enough that he wouldn't be trying to escape angrily. My husband said "Why did you even buy that, you should of just bought what you really want and what will be safe and adequate for Slade." So low and behold I have this coming tomorrow!

View attachment 314501
The customer service was fantastic. I even realized I put the wrong address in and called them and they had me text the address to that same number, then about a half an hour later told me it shipped! I was hoping for more time to get Slade use to it, but, at least now I won't be worried about him escaping by ripping a hole in fabric mesh. I'll post the pics of it when it gets here tomorrow :D
Nice I'm sure he will love it. Just want to add even though the mesh is harder to rip. Keep an eye on the seams because I've seen smart birdies go for the seams since they cant go through the mesh. Not familiar with that model but I've seen it done to the pak o bird. Nothing is indestructible for our terrorists lol.

Fixed some typos. Hate my phone.

Last edited:

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Nice I'm sure he will love it. Just want to add even though the mesh is harder to rip. Keep an eye on the seems because I've seen smart birdies go for the Sean's since they can go through the mesh. Not familiar with that model but I've seen it done to the pak o bird. Nothing is indestructible for our terrorists lol.
Thank you for the tip :) I'm hoping me putting a few yucca toys in there will keep him distracted. I'm going to let him check it out tomorrow for a bit so he at least knows about it, his appointment is Friday at 5. I just hope he learns that I don't leave him at home if he sees it come out.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Looks really nice!!!

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
That's the go-go! We love ours.
I got it for my Hahns who associates the metal/barred travel cage with going to the vet and needed something for just going outside without a lot of drama.
Put sunflower seeds into the dish and it didn't take too much convincing.
They convinced me to get the rope perch and it worked out great - better grip.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
That's the go-go! We love ours.
I got it for my Hahns who associates the metal/barred travel cage with going to the vet and needed something for just going outside without a lot of drama.
Put sunflower seeds into the dish and it didn't take too much convincing.
They convinced me to get the rope perch and it worked out great - better grip.
I got the rope perch too actually. His favorite perch in his cage is his rope and he doesn't chew it so I figured it would feel a little more homey to him. If he is ok with it right away I'm going to just walk around the neighborhood for a little bit so he sees we will come back home together. I definitely don't want him to think he's being rehomed again.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Nice! :) I can´t wait to see how you get on :)

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
It's here! It's here! I love it. Slade already seems interested so I'm hoping that's a good sign :D I took some I guess, progress pictures? For anyone who was interested in one and just wanted to see how it was shipped and packed.

20190905_152013.jpg
20190905_145617.jpg
20190905_151234.jpg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
That is so cute!!

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
That's so cute!! I'd love to get something like that for Tibs so I don't have to worry about hawks like I do with the harness. I hope it works out well and Slade likes it!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Will a hawk really try to attack a birdie in a harness sitting on my shoulder? That thought never crossed my mind! Now I'm worried about going outside!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Will a hawk really try to attack a birdie in a harness sitting on my shoulder? That thought never crossed my mind! Now I'm worried about going outside!
There are videos of a hawk attempting to attack an Umbrella cockatoo on a trainer's shoulder. A family of hawks moved in close by so I haven't been able to take Tibs out in his harness.