• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Identify this bird?

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Thank you!:heart: I think so too, I am not an expert on the eye rings! I can only tell a personata apart for sure, with the others I can definitly be wrong with all mutations around:rolleyes:

A little update, the regent(mentally I named him Aslan) was rehomed to his new place thursday. Settled in in the aviary and is doing well thankfully, but it was not meant to be with me!
The lovie.. oh well, what can I say? Since I saw her I have dreamt about her even:shy: I have been thinking about bringing her home a lot.. and am pretty sure I am going to try my hardest to do so! I am still giving it time, but leaning very strongly to adopting her:heart:

:excited3: Karen was right, this did get crazy, but exciting! I will be anxiously waiting...:nervous:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I have been thinking about bringing her home a lot.. and am pretty sure I am going to try my hardest to do so! I am still giving it time, but leaning very strongly to adopting her:heart:
Robin, pet adoptions can take time. You could always start the process now and then stop if you change your mind.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hehe yes well the thing is, if I decide to adopt, I can come and pick her up the same day if they are opened!
They Will tell me is someone else is interested, although that is highly unlikely. I have to wait untill I get my working schedule tomorrow anyway, I might have to go get her by public transport which Will take somewhat about 5 hours combining to trip there and back home. I have to plan that on a free day to make it before they close lol!
There is pretty much no big problems I foresee, even if Henkie and Fëanor hate her, I Will just cover the Area under my bed(I have a high bed! I won’t Stuff her in a corner:D There is a desk and two couches and Some bird stuff there) with curtains and adjust it for her. I am just scared that because I am so excited I Will make a bad decision:embarassed: This month I have to work a lot, 10 hours a day and I have been thinking about all the possiblities at work, so I think I have gotten most of the foreseeable scenarios played out in my head:rolleyes:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I know what you mean - when I get stressed, I get scared of making a bad decision too!
Ooooh - I'm excited for you though... I hope it works out. :heart:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Hehe yes well the thing is, if I decide to adopt, I can come and pick her up the same day if they are opened!
They Will tell me is someone else is interested, although that is highly unlikely. I have to wait untill I get my working schedule tomorrow anyway, I might have to go get her by public transport which Will take somewhat about 5 hours combining to trip there and back home. I have to plan that on a free day to make it before they close lol!
There is pretty much no big problems I foresee, even if Henkie and Fëanor hate her, I Will just cover the Area under my bed(I have a high bed! I won’t Stuff her in a corner:D There is a desk and two couches and Some bird stuff there) with curtains and adjust it for her. I am just scared that because I am so excited I Will make a bad decision:embarassed: This month I have to work a lot, 10 hours a day and I have been thinking about all the possiblities at work, so I think I have gotten most of the foreseeable scenarios played out in my head:rolleyes:

Robin, I really doubt that you would bring her into her home if you knew there were any big potential problems. Based off what you've shared with us, however, I'm 100% sure that you can make it work even in the worst case scenario that your current boys don't get along with the new gal. Like you said, you seem to have a nice area for her to hang out in in the event that the worst case scenario happens. The decision, of course, is yours, but I just really hope to see that cute little Lovebird girl on the Avenue soon. I think this bird needs you! ;)

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I know what you mean - when I get stressed, I get scared of making a bad decision too!
Ooooh - I'm excited for you though... I hope it works out. :heart:

Robin, I really doubt that you would bring her into her home if you knew there were any big potential problems. Based off what you've shared with us, however, I'm 100% sure that you can make it work even in the worst case scenario that your current boys don't get along with the new gal. Like you said, you seem to have a nice area for her to hang out in in the event that the worst case scenario happens. The decision, of course, is yours, but I just really hope to see that cute little Lovebird girl on the Avenue soon. I think this bird needs you! ;)
Thank you both so much! It really means a lot!:heart: I have my schedule, monday is my free day. I can pick up a cage on sunday, and could have t setup by monday. Some stuff would be late, but she likely won’t Explore anything right away so I can add that stuff later:xflove:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I have decided, I have been making toys, researching good soft bedding for her, finding good thick perches and platforms all day practically! So, she is coming home! But.. well there is an unforseen problem. I do still live at home and Will for about 9 months. I never imagined my mom would have a problem, as she doesn’t even come into my room and had absolutely no ill effects of my birds, and even if she did, one handicapped bird would not make any difference to her really. She didn’t even notice when I literally Made my whole room in one big giant mess to rearrange it, neither did she notice when it was all clean and tidy with fancy new stuff! She only enters to rarely feed the birds if I have no one else, which almost never happens and if it is the case, it is just for one day, or drop off something literally next to the door. So fingers crossed she Will change her mind tomorrow:angel1: In the worst case scenario, Henkie and Fea are getting Some new toys:rolleyes:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Oh no. Come on Mom change your mind. The little one needs a wonderful place to go. And you would be a wonderful mommy to this little one.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh no, how did she even find out?

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
:fingerscrossed:
Robin, u can't just come here, tell us about this bird, and leave us like that ;)

Rooting for the new lovie, here :D

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I just love you Guys! I actually told her, I debated just go and get her or tell her first, but as I thought it wouldn’t be a problem I told her first:bash: Going downstairs to convince her before she leaves right now:fingerscrossed:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am so anxious for what Will happen. It would be quite painful if the answer stayed no. I have my tools ready to make Some new perches, I have a perfect thick willow branch and a saw outlined on the floor next to a bag of her toys:D image.jpg

Last edited:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
..I can go get her!!!:bliss:I am so very happy! Know dang this is my free day and I have to start at 12.00 afernoon the whole week so when can I go pick her up:chin:

:excited3: Yay! Yikes, Robin, you had be worried for a minute before, but this is wonderful news!! :dance55: This sweet little Lovie girl is going to be so lucky to have you as her mama. :starshower:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
:excited3: Yay! Yikes, Robin, you had be worried for a minute before, but this is wonderful news!! :dance55: This sweet little Lovie girl is going to be so lucky to have you as her mama. :starshower:
Thank you!!:heart: I am so happy, probably Will pick her up one morning(tuesday?? Pretty please:D) or sunday! Cage I can probably buy today, someone very close to me sells a sort of short flight cages that would work for her. So excited to set it all up! I am putting in orders all around, and thursday I am going to the local market to see what fleece they have to offer:cantwait:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Thank you!!:heart: I am so happy, probably Will pick her up one morning(tuesday?? Pretty please:D) or sunday! Cage I can probably buy today, someone very close to me sells a sort of short flight cages that would work for her. So excited to set it all up! I am putting in orders all around, and thursday I am going to the local market to see what fleece they have to offer:cantwait:

This is exciting! :yahoo: Can’t wait for pictures!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Do you need to let the rescue know to hold her for you?