• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Identify this bird?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I was thinking about a grey I am trying to help(not adopt! But help in his current situation in a shop) and couldn’t help myself but look for a bird to adopt:rolleyes: Just for fun, not seriously Considering Unless a bird is in dire need though! Anyway, the sort of humane society has Some birds, among them this baby. I know the species and it has been bugging me that I can’t Identify him. They have him listed with no info. Also, His beak is chipped off:( I am thinking he is a neophema species? Any one have a clue? It is 00:33, I have worked 10 hours today but this little one keeps popping into my head:lol:
A6C2296A-932E-468F-B58B-06475F41AE82.png B5398FE3-02DE-430C-A401-2EF793A3DCB9.png

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
She is a cutie. :chin: I wonder how well regent parakeets get along with lovebirds. ;)

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
She is a cutie. :chin: I wonder how well regent parakeets get along with lovebirds. ;)
You don’t!:D
Appearantly they are really easy going birds, although larger size wise, beak size is about the same.. But I really shouldn’t!:sour: I do have a weak spot for birds with weird beakies though:heart: She has been quarentained, I might have e-mailed them to ask whether they would do a foster before adopt situation:shy:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That is wonderful of you. I'm glad you have decided to foster her.
(We hear what we want to, no?)

Did your boys get along with Tiki well? I was trying to look up pics to see how big a regent parakeet is & found this pic.The perspective makes it tough, but they appear to be tiel-sized(ish).

Did they say what happened to her beak? This morning on my phone I thought I might just be discolored, but now I see it looks chipped. :shocked6: Poor darling. Is there a chance it might grow back or has it finished healing?

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is wonderful of you. I'm glad you have decided to foster her.
(We hear what we want to, no?)

Did your boys get along with Tiki well? I was trying to look up pics to see how big a regent parakeet is & found this pic.The perspective makes it tough, but they appear to be tiel-sized(ish).

Did they say what happened to her beak? This morning on my phone I thought I might just be discolored, but now I see it looks chipped. :shocked6: Poor darling. Is there a chance it might grow back or has it finished healing?
Ahw thank you!
He was found like this on the street and as far as they can tell, it Will stay like this.
Henkie loved Tiki a lot, and he was very respectful even though Tiki would not have defended himself:rolleyes: The lady I got Fëanor from had three Tiels he got along with. Henkie and Fea both do a Tiel whistle and Some other Tiel sounds actually! Because I love it so much they use the whistle to call me:p
Arg, I have fallen for this little birdie! I hope it works out:fingerscrossed: Last tuesday it was two years ago I lost Tiki, who also had a deformed beak(missed the bridge between his nostrils), so hey I tell myself it is fate:embarassed: I can handle it financially, about same beak size, not too loud should I come to live in an appartment.. I barely knew of their existence before but this darling captured my eye with that sweet face:heart: I would really like to foster before adopting so should they hate Each other there is always the option if fostering without adoption. At the moment I only have one room available permenantly so that would be difficult to manage(them heating Each other). I could work with curtains though if nessecary I think!:D And in the beginning I could house him in another area while I am at work.

Also, he is likely a male because of the yellow! So no girl to drive a wig between my lovers lol!

Last edited:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I never knew about Tiki's beak. It does sound like it could be fate. :yes1: Maybe you are meant to have this fellow. If Tiki's beak had been perfect, you might not have the soft spot for deformed beaks like you do and this guy might not have caught your eye. And who better to know about his special needs? As long as everyone gets along well enough it sounds perfect! :goodluck:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I never knew about Tiki's beak. It does sound like it could be fate. :yes1: Maybe you are meant to have this fellow. If Tiki's beak had been perfect, you might not have the soft spot for deformed beaks like you do and this guy might not have caught your eye. And who better to know about his special needs? As long as everyone gets along well enough it sounds perfect! :goodluck:
Indeed!:heart::heart: I have imagined bringing a lot of birds home(hey you gotta do something when you’re bored:rofl:) but never actually considered it with any of them, but this just feels weirdly right:heart: They did appearantly have someone else interested in him already sadly, so I think they get ‘preference’ because they were there earlier. I am not getting my hopes up too much, but still hoping I can bring that lil sweetheart home! Even if he hated me, I would be so happy to teach him all fun bird stuff and make him happy:heart:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Of course he will love you. :D :o:
Tell the other ones that he is very aggressive and that he screams all the time. :smuggrin:
Hehehehe if I could do that I would:D I am not in contact with those other people though:rolleyes: I am so eager to hear back from them, I can’t Stop thinking about him:rolleyes:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Bird syndrome strikes again @TikiMyn ! Ha ha - seriously though, what a great thing to do if you could foster this beauty. Such a lovely color. I know you are excited to hear back, and I'm excited for ya! :heart:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Bird syndrome strikes again @TikiMyn ! Ha ha - seriously though, what a great thing to do if you could foster this beauty. Such a lovely color. I know you are excited to hear back, and I'm excited for ya! :heart:
Thank you:heart: It is 8 o’clock now, shelter people would be in around 9 to answer, they even answered sunday so I hope:fingerscrossed: I hear back from them before I go to work!:xflove:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Good luck.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Sadly no:( I am thinking it is not a good sign. They haven’t gotten back to me, I had to work late so couldn’t call. I am free tomorrow so it Will be another tortured night wondering:lol:

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Awwhh, Robin, I’m really hoping for a good update soon! :fingerscrossed: There is no doubt in my mind that you would be the best home for that adorable little Regent parrot.