• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I miss her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Thanks guys... :hug8:

I have thought about getting another scarlet in my future.. I have recently thought about adopting another macaw. but something just pulls me away..
I am sorry for your loss and understand how hard this can be. Little things catch you off guard to bring back a memory of them.

The hole in my heart is also from a Scarlet. Her name was Partee. She is my Partee girl! Definitely soul mates. She is gone almost 4 years now and it is only now I can talk about her without crying. She went everywhere with me. She loved playing and having fun. I knew I could not get another. The shop got one in though. I helped with her and played with her for socialization. Gads, she was cute. it was almost a year since Partee was gone. Well that little girl won me over and now Molly is with me.

Her is a fun pic of Partee

friends fids :: peggys scarlet picture by birdiecbl9 - Photobucket

Peggy

Last edited:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I am so sorry you are grieving still Mercedez, I have never lost more than a budgie in the past and that was hard enough.
Lots of cats and dogs over the years, but the love we have for our birds is such a different kind that wraps itself around all the heart strings I am finding.
When the time is right for you, you will know when to take on another bird. Your lost pet will never ever be replaced and you would not want to do that. I find each bird has its own individual personality and they find their own place.
The biggest compliment you can pay your lost friend is to take on another one needing such a wonderful parent who would take such great care of its needs.There are so many out there crying out for our help. God bless.:hug8:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:hug8::hug8: I still get teary eyed when I think about my beloved cocker spaniel that we lost 3 years ago.

Morghen

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
I get extremely sad when I think about Phineas. I still feel sad about Kashi and Regulus but it is just different with Phineas. He was the perfect little budgie and I only had him for 3 weeks but those three weeks were amazing. It didn't help that when he died a relative said that it was too bad that he didn't die sooner so I could of got my money back.....

It won't get any easier but you just get use to it. :hug8:

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Im sorry Mercedes :( I dont think time will ever trully heal that wound.

When i had lost Mika, i thought getting another Quaker would help. Getting Cloud made it 100 times worse, even tho he was a different color. I will never make that mistake again if i was to lose another bird. I feel i expected too much from him..and yes now i love him to death, but at the time, he was mostly Erics bird because i couldnt bring myself to go near him. Totally unfair to him

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so sorry, Mercedez. They may not be next to us anymore but will always be a part of our heart. You'll have better days. :hug5:

Status
Not open for further replies.