• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I miss her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I miss my scarlet macaw, Gra.. When Joanna recently lost her Summer.. the pain came back to me full on.. I thought I was healing from Gra's death... but it feels like a wound that will not heal...:sad11:

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Awwww, I'm sorry to hear that. Loss is always so painful. It is unfortunately a part of life. We must learn to cope with it, and to find ways to find joy amidst the pain. Look at those that are with you, and enjoy them. Gra is free, and is never really far from you. :hug8:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I am sorry. Maybe you should get another one, I know you can't replace her but it will help to love another:hug8::hug8:

Cory

Real Name
Cory
Aww Mercedez. :( I'm so sorry. :(

Thankfully I haven't experienced losing any birds that I was very close too. The only bird that I've lost was a Lovebird named Jalen. She was parent raised and passed away at 7 months old. I didn't really have a relationship with her and it still hurt so much so I can only imagine the pain you must feel losing you're precious baby.

:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

What happened to her?

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I lost my little Parakeet Petey over 40 years ago and I still grieve. I am sorry for your loss.

Ginger

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I miss my scarlet macaw, Gra.. When Joanna recently lost her Summer.. the pain came back to me full on.. I thought I was healing from Gra's death... but it feels like a wound that will not heal...:sad11:

I'm sorry, I know you miss her. It really will get a little bit more manageable with time:hug8:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I am so sorry Mercedez - time will help but a tiny bit will always be there - as hard as it is, you have to learn to live around it

I believe too that she is never far from your heart

:hug8:

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
:hug8:

Gra's in your heart forever. Just like Summer will be in mine. Nothing will take that spot.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe Mercedez...I am so sorry you are hurting...it does get easier but never goes away.

It will be three years this Mother's Day that I lost Max...it still hurts to think of it...but I have slowly been more able to look back on our good times with less tears. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
nothing will replace that hole in your heart...she will be waiting for you when you cross the bridge...:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thanks guys... :hug8:

I have thought about getting another scarlet in my future.. I have recently thought about adopting another macaw. but something just pulls me away..

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks guys... :hug8:

I have thought about getting another scarlet in my future.. I have recently thought about adopting another macaw. but something just pulls me away..
It is so very difficult when one of our babies leaves us. I sounds like you are afraid to love another one because that will replace the love you had for her and you don't want that. You will never replace the love you have for Gra, with another bird you can just add to it.:hug8:

Last edited:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I am so sorry for your loss. It never really goes away, though it does get easier to live with. Unfortunately events can bring the pain and memories rushing back, and sometimes they will hit you hard out of nowhere. Try to focus on the happy memories. Hugs to you.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I'm so sorry for you loss. When I lost Sky I felt like I would never heal. I would write her letters, everything that I wanted to tell her but couldn't. Writing helped me get through some rough patches. :hug8:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I'm sorry Mercedez:hug8:
It's so hard to lose those who we love. It'll soon be five years since I lost my tiels and I still miss them so much. It's gotten easier though. I remember the first time I handled a tame tiel after I lost Mojo and Nadia... I almost broke down because she was so much like my Mojo with how she asked for scritches. Now I can look back with fond memories instead of the sadness all the time. It will get better.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I know how you feel :hug8: I feel the same way, like I will never heal from it. I am so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.