• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have super exciting information!!!(not Dakota, unfortunately not that exciting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
How the heck did I miss them? AWW poor baby with the ex break! That sucks. It may give him problems in the future. Did they have thermal or sundeck perches for him? Those may benefit his leg. Poor baby

They are both adorable though! Congrats!
No they really didn't do a whole lot with them honestly. Great people, but I think they just didn't have the time for them. His leg is strong enough that he perches on it with his other "good" leg curled up! He's 12 years old so he's had a lot of time to learn to compensate I suppose. But when he goes to the vet I'll ask them about what they think.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are adorable!!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
They are so cute! Good luck with the training.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Poor guys are going to have quite the adjustment period. Jellybean is happily running all over the cage eating harrison's like it's going out of style when he's always been on nothing but fruity zupreem, but Emmett is definitely shaken up. They've been there since they were babies so their whole world was just turned upside down. I just wanna hug them :(

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Greys usually do have a harder time adjusting. Just keep reassuring him and I'm sure he'll be fine in no time. :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Yeah I'm sure he'll come around :)

sueb45

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sue
I am so happy for you and your dh, Heather! They are going to just love their new home. I am looking forward to lots of stories and pictures! :hug8:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Sometimes all it takes is a "call-back" like you did.

Congrats Heather, I am glad these guys ended up with you. :hug8:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Thanks! Yeah even after months my heart was still with them and thinking about them all the time. We called like a month ago and they told us they were keeping them. I was blown away when I got that call yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.