• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have some questions about my two cockatiels.

TaliArtyom

Meeting neighbors
The cage you linked has a large bar spacing (space between the bars of the cage), and you need it smaller.
They sell some larger cages, but they are not as strong as the iron floor cages..
I have just looked around the Romanian site and they hardly have any bird items listed :( Such a shame.
If you are unable to order from their EU site, you will have to look at websites selling cages in a neighbour country and import one.

I had that little house cage for one of my lovebirds and I hated it with a passion. I found it was a pain to clean it, and It took me longer and more work than my larger cages.

Your birds are very beautiful :) Welcome to the Avenue :starshower1:
Well then I will have to save up some money for that cage. My mom is going to kill me when she will find out that I bought another cage :) one more thing, how can I move them to the new cage? I used a leather glove and picked them up on the other cage but they didn’t liked it ( they started biting )

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Well then I will have to save up some money for that cage. My mom is going to kill me when she will find out that I bought another cage
If money is an issue, there is a cheaper cage:
It is a couple of cm smaller, but costs the same as the house cage.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
one more thing, how can I move them to the new cage? I used a leather glove and picked them up on the other cage but they didn’t liked it ( they started biting )
You could possibly put the cage doors facing each other, hang some millet and treats in the new cage and let them go in and explore by themselves (it will probably take a while if they are skitterish).

If you do ever need to hold him (for vet care, nail trims etc.) and he won't step up, your last option is to towel them, but it really is an absolute last resort. It's better than using a leather glove as it's quick and less stressful than chasing them around.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think it sounds like you're doing very well with your tiels and have already been given some great advice. You can make your own perches. If you do a search on here there's advise on how to do it safely. If I can find the link I'll add it. There's also advice on making your own toys too if toys are hard to find for birds where you are.

TaliArtyom

Meeting neighbors
If money is an issue, there is a cheaper cage:
It is a couple of cm smaller, but costs the same as the house cage.
This is very cheap, thank you! I'm going to buy it tomorrow with some toys and perches so I can keep my chickens happy :) Can't wait for them to fly to my shoulder and be petted :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How did you get on with the website? We´re you able to order from that site?
Love that last picture! So cute :)

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww the pics of them preening are so cute! Looks like he just got the right spot! :heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So cute! I love the last picture! :heart:

TaliArtyom

Meeting neighbors
How did you get on with the website? We´re you able to order from that site?
Love that last picture! So cute :)
Yes, I’ve ordered the cage and a couple of toys, thank you for the support!

TaliArtyom

Meeting neighbors
When/how can I pet them? Should I wait a little more, or should I try touching them when they’re eating?