• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

I cannot give him this chelation med anymore, it's going to kill him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Deb what a wonderful update. I am hoping things stay uphill from here on out. Dr B is a credit to his profession, I am so glad you were able to see him last night. :hug8:
Yes, Dr. B is great. Wish we lived closer to him. :hug8:

Oh Im so glad to be reading this update!! That sounds like a great plan and I hope Buddy will improve quickly with his new treatment plan. You are such a great Parront, Deb :hug8: I cant imagine how exhausting your day was so I hope you rest up today. Thank you for updating us :hug8:
I can tell he still doesn't feel good but at least he's eating and keeping it down. That's a big improvement. Yes, I'm so tired I'm still in my pjs at 2 in the afternoon and probably will stay in them. lol :hug8:

OH what great news!!! sounds like Buddy is in good hands...I am sooo relieved.
Thank you :hug8:

I'll be a nag here. Keep Buddy well hydrated. The Metamucil will actually pull some fluids out of the body. That's one of the ways it works as a stool softener, is to draw more liquid into the stools (in people) so they pass easier.

Get some rest - both of you.
ML
You're not a nag. :hug8: I'm giving him water with a syringe.

Glad to hear Buddy is doing better. I have my parrotlet on DMSA from Central Compounding under Dr. B's care. She has zinc issues that began with her first cage. It's been very difficult to bring down the zinc levels. After we clear the zinc from the blood stream, the organs release more into the blood. There is also a chance for re-exposure. (Lilly likes to chew on white paint, which has varying amounts of zinc in it, so I have to watch her carefully.)

It can be a long haul getting lead or zinc out of a bird's system. Hang in there! My love to Buddy. :hug8:
Awww, I'm sorry she's having those issues too. What symptoms does she get? Dr. B said he's had to treat for a year at times.
On the way there Mapquest brought us down Chapel Hill Rd. Where if you look across the street his office is on the left and a convenience store on the right. The directions on the way back has us go to Academy St and make all kinds of turns. That's one place we got lost. We drove in circles there for a while. lol
I hope your baby is better soon. :hug8:

:hug8: Thanks for the update. Hope he continues to get better and is able to get the metal out of his system.

What a relief! I am so glad Buddy is rallying. I hope the both of you get lots of rest and relaxation today. Prayers continuing. :hug8:
Thank you. He's eating again. He's making up for the times he couldn't eat on his own. It's great to see. :hug8:

So glad to hear that Buddy is doing better.:hug8:

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
SO happy to hear this update!! :hug8:

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I'm just now reading this thread. What a relief that Buddy is doing better today. What a great dr. Dr. B is!

vancha

Sprinting down the street
I am so relieved to hear this about Buddy. He's in my thoughts every day. I know you can nurse him back to health. You both need to rest, now, and I am looking forward to seeing more good updates. :hug8:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh I am sooo happy to read there's some improvement! Sending plenty more healing vibes and I do hope he'll keep improving fast!

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
How is our sweet little Buddy doing this morning? :heart:

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
omg this must a been so scary for you and him :hug8::hug8::hug8: and healing thoughts

liltweets

Jogging around the block
He's trying to play some but tires easily. I'm sure it'll take a while for him to regain his strength plus I'm sure he still has the metal toxicity going on. He is better though! He's sitting with one foot up getting ready to take a nap. He hasn't taken a nap on one foot for weeks. That is a good sign.

Thank you all so much for being here for us.
:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Glad to hear it Deb. You are doing great. Aunt Pat's package should arrive in a couple of days..:heart:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
SO very Happy to here a good up-date:hug8:You and Buddy are constantly in My thoughts and Prayers:hug8:I'm another one that can say how Great Dr B. Is:)

Status
Not open for further replies.