• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Also Have Cockatoos and Don't Post Enough Photos

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We have so many cute pictures of our sweet goffins girls but aren't sure where to share them, so I decided to make their own thread. :pinksmile:

It didn't seem right to post pics of Luv Bug on the Puffin's Progress thread, so now @Xulta and I can post here. There will probably be a few repeats from other threads but now our favorites & new pics can all be in one place. :)

For starters, here are a few of my favorite shots of the girls together. :xflove: All so sweet you'd never suspect any tail pulling unless you know them. :rolleyes:

20181017_141114.jpg
20200918_143157.jpg 20181023_143232.jpg

For anyone not familiar with the girls, Luv Bug is the fully feathered one and Puffin is the partially nekky floof! :embarassed:

Last edited:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Here's the one from this afternoon that finally prompted me to start this thread. I laid down with the girls & dogs to take a break and browse some Reddit. But it's so hard to get up and be productive again when everyone's quiet and Puffin is dozing like this on me!

20211011_124212.jpg
I don't think I've ever seen her rest with her head quite this way. Silly girl! :heart: Just a few more minutes then I'll get up, I promise. lol

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness! I just love them! Goffins are my absolutely favorite species of Cockatoo. They used to be one of my dream birds before I realized that I could never give a Too everything they would need/have the space to do so. But they will always have a very special place in my heart. Your Fabies are so sweet and beautiful looking :heart: :heart:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
They used to be one of my dream birds before I realized that I could never give a Too everything they would need/have the space to do so
Our girls are surprisingly easy for the most part! As long as you don't end up with a handful like @sunnysmom's Elvis you should be fine! ;)

Luv Bug entertains herself mostly, usually shredding and anting. Rubber dog toys are her current favorite:
20210914_202754.jpg
(This used to be a whole dumbell covered in spikes.)

That's not to say she won't land on a picture to nibble a corner, then freeze and hope you will go away like a T-rex after you've spotted her. :roflmao:
20210525_143851.jpg

And we did have to add a protective layer of weatherstripping above our refrigerator seals when she decided to start gnawing on the real ones:
20200926_101719.jpg

Puffin is happy as long as she can be on us.
Resized_20201206_140354.jpg
Though when she's awake she likes to chew holes in our clothes, so we keep pieces of no-pill fleece nearby for her to chew instead.

She's quite the accomplished "log-roller" when we have to bend down to load the dishwasher or something! :laugh: (Sorry I don't have any pictures of her log-rolling on my back. :p That would be tough to get! )

Last edited:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Our girls are surprisingly easy for the most part! As long as you don't end up with a handful like @sunnysmom's Elvis you should be fine! ;)
Luv Bug entertains herself mostly, usually shredding and anting. Rubber dog toys are her current favorite:
That's not to say she won't land on a picture to nibble a corner, then freeze and hope you will go away like a T-rex after you've spotted her. :roflmao:
And we did have to add a protective layer of weatherstripping above our refrigerator seals when she decided to start gnawing on the real ones:
She's quite the accomplished "log-roller" when we have to bend down to load the dishwasher or something! :laugh: (Sorry I don't have any pictures of her log-rolling on my back. :p That would be tough to get! )
Aww even more pics of their cuteness! Its a lovely idea but with my living situation and my noise tolerance issues it just wouldn't work out. Plus I'd be far to tempted to just snuggle with them all day long and thats a major no no ,lol. But I will happily admire them from a far and remember fondly the one who started my love of Goffins my neighbor in FLs sweet little man Cosmo he was the biggest love sponge ever :heart:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Absolutely lovely glad you created this thread

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I'm going to be introducing an African grey baby to my 2 year old one, I hope they get along and I can make a similar thread, without any tail-pulling. :p

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I will happily admire them from a far and remember fondly the one who started my love of Goffins my neighbor in FLs sweet little man Cosmo he was the biggest love sponge ever :heart:
Do you have a picture of him? I'd love to see it. :pinklol3:

20210525_143851.jpg
I just realized that the Kong missing its top layer in this photo is Luv Bug's work as well. All of Buzz's "girlfriends" are shorter than they were when he met them, courtesy of our feathered pit bull Luv Bug. :hilarious:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you have a picture of him? I'd love to see it. :pinklol3:

View attachment 394483
I just realized that the Kong missing its top layer in this photo is Luv Bug's work as well. All of Buzz's "girlfriends" are shorter than they were when he met them, courtesy of our feathered pit bull Luv Bug. :hilarious:
I think I do buried somewhere this was back in '06 but I do remember taking pics of him,her Lesser Sulphur Crested and her big beautiful M2 just before we moved so I'd always be able to remember them. I'll definitely look for the pics and if I find them I shall post :heart:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I hope they get along and I can make a similar thread, without any tail-pulling. :p
That's fantastic news! I can't wait!! :bliss:

And I will cross my fingers for no tail pulling for your guys. :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
:heart: Awww they’re so precious!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

View attachment 394475

View attachment 394476

View attachment 394478

View attachment 394480
Though when she's awake she likes to chew holes in our clothes, so we keep pieces of no-pill fleece nearby for her to chew instead.

They're beautiful! Yes, we definitely need more pics of your girls. I get the impression that goffin girls are very sweet. So I hope my Elvis posts never discourage someone from getting a goffin. And we have a couple males right now at the rescue that are very sweet too. And Elvis is sweet. He's just a mile a minute pretty much constantly. I sometimes wonder if that's because he's wild caught. Or just Elvis. LOL. I don't know.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I hope my Elvis posts never discourage someone from getting a goffin
Your posts are only foreshadowing of what we can expect next out of Luv Bug. :scared5: Luckily she hasn't started on the cabinets much or have an interest in socks! :laugh:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What great photos! Luv Bug and Puffin are just adorable! :swoon: