• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to get Indian ring neck to trust me

zp1023

Moving in
Real Name
zoe
I got a new bird and have been trying to get their trust. Everytime I go near the cage or open the door to get the water and food bowls out the bird gets scared and starts flying inside of the cage like crazy. I’ve tried to give treats but it doesn’t want them even just leaving it in the cage and still doesn’t eat them i’ve tried talking to them a lot but still doesn’t not seem to work and they just move away from me to hide. Is there anything else I can do to gain it’s trust?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ya have to move very slowly.. hes in a strange new world...long have you had him? It's on his terms not yours..give treats..food..talk softly..say his name many times..say I love you.ect..ect.. maybe just leave the cage open so he can come out and see his new world? BUMP!

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
:iagree:

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't worry, love and patience will definitely change the situation...just sit beside the cage, Talk softly, sing a tune... It needs months to make a terrified bird comfortable. But, the effort is very rewarding.

zp1023

Moving in
Real Name
zoe
Ya have to move very slowly.. hes in a strange new world...long have you had him? It's on his terms not yours..give treats..food..talk softly..say his name many times..say I love you.ect..ect.. maybe just leave the cage open so he can come out and see his new world? BUMP!
Thank you! I will definitely try that I have left the door open before but he never comes out but I will keep trying! I’ve had him for a little over a week and he seems to love his cage and his toys since he is always playing