• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How often do you weigh your birds?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I try for once a month.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I used to do it every day, my birds just jump on the perch of the scale so it’s not a big deal here. However I let that slip and now I do it every few days, anywhere between 1-4 times a week:)

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Uchtred and Lennerd get weigh maybe twice a week. They aren't thrilled about it but they let me. Jellybean and Papaya are terrified of the scale. I'm thinking about getting a big one that I can use a carrier with.

They all got vetted yesterday for their yearly exam and the vet said everyone looks really good so that is a plus. She also said that their keel area was perfect as she is use to chubby birds coming in :lol:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I weigh mine every Wednesday morning, about the same time each week. I put a small carrier on the scale because my birds won’t use the perch it came with.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Not nearly enough. I'm probably every few months right now.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
How does everyone keep track? This is from the last time I weighed, but weighed again today. I have each in their own section and keep track this way. I honestly only started graphing it because the folder came with graph paper.

orca-image-1521662439589.jpg_1521662439844.jpeg orca-image-1521662453115.jpg_1521662453435.jpeg orca-image-1521662483695.jpg_1521662483957.jpeg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I generally have an idea of what they weigh so I don't keep track on paper, just in my mind.
I did keep a daily log of weights when I was hand feeding babies.
Your book is a great idea.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Every week, the same day and same time if they are acting fine. If they are acting different or sleeping more, or have losing weigh, I weigh them every day.
They fly to my wall scale on command so it only takes me some second to weigh them.
I also put it down on paper, they have their own calendar. My memory is not to be trusted.. :p

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I love that set up @Eloy! My guys are all still clipped, but it never takes me long since I trained them all with having them step up on one hand, then pass off to the other, then back down on the scale, since I don't us a perch. I'm a little obsessive and weight them all a few times to make sure the I know what weight is the correct one, basically the one that comes up multiple times.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Excel spreadsheet

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I keep about a million different notes in my phone. One for Sherbie's eggs, one for the birds' weights, hatchdays and birthdays, when injuries occur... I might have more details than the vets have on their records. :lol:

I used to do it weekly but lately it's more like bi-monthly because I'm forgetful. If someone's not feeling well or something, it's more frequent.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Babe is everyday... Daisy once a week, and then Ms. Ella once a month.

Babe is because he was so underweight and still doesn't eat as much as Daisy who came to me in the same conditon very underweight. But he is holding is own on weight to a degree, and Daisy is bordering on overweight she eats so much, but she is so happy now. AVN is not to worried with Daisy she is very healthy, with Babe have to watch his weight to make sure he doesn't decrease he is older.

Ella is above the norm but within acceptable weight. She is also very healthy.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I used to do it weekly but that fell off a bit so it's more like monthly now. I've been weighing them more lately as I'm trying to put a few grams on Quack but she's being stubborn about the high protein food. She eats around the higher protein Tropican mixed in with the regular Tropican. :rolleyes: I got some high protein Harrison's sample packs from the vet the other day and I'm treating them like special treats so we'll see how that goes. Meanwhile, mixing the 2 Tropican types together for all of them to use it up and the other 3 are gaining! :facepalm: Figures!