• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Holly is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Holly will be staying at the vets for a few days, she also has pneumonia. The vet thinks she will be OK since I noticed early, so I a hoping for a speedy recovery, Loki was so upset that she was gone that the vet had e bring him down tonight to see Holly. They were so happy together we laughed. Holly couldn't do much, she was to sick but you could see she perked up a little. Thank everyone for your thoughts and prays:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8: I will keep you updated:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:
Denise Holly will be ok. Tequila had pneumonia when he was sick in November. He had two rounds of Baytril before he was back to normal. I moved his cage in our bedroom and set up a hospital cage with extra heat. I was handfeeding him formula 3-4 times a day until he started eating more on his own. I think when you bring Holly home it would be better to give her a quiet area to recouperate. My prayers are with you guys. :hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wow, I did not know a bird can get pneumonia. And the first bird I ever heard of with an ear infection was Jill's Riven. Holly is the second. How do they get either of these? You are such a good parront to notice your baby was sick.
Sending lots of healing energy your way! Get well soon Holly.:hug8:
Carole I would think an ear infection could be a secondary illness to the pneunomia, just like people get ear infections when they are sick. Tequila didnt have that, thank God. He had two sets of x rays when he was sick, that is why my vet wanted to do a second round of baytril because the xrays still looked a little off. Krisy's Solo had pneunomia before too.

Deej

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Deena
Sending healing thoughts for Holly that she is able to come home soon. Coming home always makes you feel better. :hug8:

brianimal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
briana
Sending a prayer:hug8: Im happy that the vet seems confident about her recovery :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I am also wondering how a bird gets both of those? Hope Holly feels better soon!

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Aww get well soon. How do the get that anyway?

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Get well soon Holly! I'm sorry she is so sick, but is sounds like you caught it early and she will be home soon. :hug8:

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Prayers and hugs coming to you and Holly. Hope she is feeling better and home soon.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
HUGS to all of you, I am sorry your baby is so sick. What a great Vet, glad they got to visit!
Hoping for Holly to recover and get back home quickly!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Wishing Holly a very speedy recovery.

Quest

Real Name
Judy
I hope Holly is getting better.
Keep us updated. My birds and I
are wishing her a speedy recovery.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so happy to hear Holly is on her way to healing...you are so great to notice the signs so quickly and not hesitate to get her in. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Please let us know how Holly is doing :hug8:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Poor Holly :(! Wishing that she'll improve quickly and can come home soon!
:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
No, she wants to keep her a few more days. Her breathing isn't good she said

Oh gosh Denise I am sorry to hear that. Well they will have her in oxygen so she is getting the treatment she needs. Are they giving her baytril do you know? When Tequila had his first set of xrays he had to be put in oxygen after because he was having trouble breathing. :( Prayers for continued healing for Holly. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.