• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He's home! pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
He is a cutie!!

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Thanks everyone, he is a real blessing.

Kelli, that's what I read, that if they are in a very large cage they may become more cage aggressive.

I've been looking at lots of cages and the HQ may be the one I end up going with. He isn't cage aggressive right now, although that may change, and I wanted something just a little smaller than the HQ. Maybe one with a play top.

Plus, when I move them into the living room from the office, which I do right often, I don't want to have to put furniture out on the deck. :lol:

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Thanks everyone, he is a real blessing.

Kelli, that's what I read, that if they are in a very large cage they may become more cage aggressive.

I've been looking at lots of cages and the HQ may be the one I end up going with. He isn't cage aggressive right now, although that may change, and I wanted something just a little smaller than the HQ. Maybe one with a play top.

Plus, when I move them into the living room from the office, which I do right often, I don't want to have to put furniture out on the deck. :lol:
He is a real cutie! :heart: As far a as a cage goes how about a 26x20? I have this one:
HQ Medium Parrot Bird Cage - Presented by BirdsComfort.com

For Meru and I love it so far! Its larger (wider) but not too deep... I really like it because its like a happy medium between the flight and the 22x24 playtops. (I also love the feeder door features! :heart:) There are 3 styles of that one, theres also a flat top and a dometop. have seen both in person and they are great too!

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Thanks everyone. He seems to be settling in very well. He loves to fly and takes laps until he is panting. I guess from being in a cage for so long now he wants to fly as much as he can. When my hubby came home he squawked until he said something to him and wanted to get on his shoulder. :heart:

I like that cage Ashley. I got my HQ flights from birdscomfort too.

I found a cage on craigslist that is 30x18x18 for $20, never been used :eek: it will do until I can get him a bigger one next month.

He is going to the vet Friday morning. :)

Trice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trice
Deb,

That's excellent he's doing good. You're his angel for saving him . He is going to have a much higher quality of life because of you.

Give up an update and let us know how he is going after you have had him for a week or so. Sounds as if he knows he's in a better place already and will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.