• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help

Swontavia

Meeting neighbors
Thank you everyone that took the time to help me and give me lots of information about how to help transition my bird from
The biting stage i really appreciate it conrues are real different from parakeets and love birds but I’m willing to work with my bird baby to get this under control he’s a baby so we have time to get him for biting hard

Krisrath11

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kris
This may be a fluke or something but for some reason voodoo (new to me) is the sweetest in the cage and will come but bites when well anything i want it seems. I've learned in the last couple days that in the morning when the lights r off (he's in my bedroom) and everything is quiet he's so loving and gentle (not sure how to post it but I have a video of him letting me under his wings and trying to get as close as possible into my hand). Maybe there's just to much happening around and to much stimulation. Maybe try a different or quieter area or dim the lights so it's not such a stimulation and work up from there to whatever situation. Keep in mind this is only my experience with voodoo and every parrot I've ever had has been totally different and no one things can I remember worked across the board. Hopefully this helps in some way.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Good point, krisrath . My birds definitely may bite if they’re overstimulated. It seems like the busyness takes up some of their mental bandwidth and a bite comes easier.
Example I’ve been cleaning my living room and my Quaker was very hard to step up today. I had to cover my hand with a dark cloth or he’d bite. And he wsnt mad at me but just too wound up.