• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help With Sexing !?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
not all is lost and a quick vet visit can catch sickness before it's too late
Not to scare, but some sicknesses are incurable and highly contagious.

This is a learning experience, and we all make mistakes so don't beat yourself up over it, in fact many people break the many rules of quarantine without even knowing it, which puts their birds in jeopardy.
Yea I agree. No point panicking over it now because it is done.
I am not one to judge, and I know I risked my birds a few years ago when I found a bird on my kitchen door step and had to decide in seconds to either coax it inside knowing I could not properly quarantine, or close the door and leave it outside.
I brought her inside and she lived in my kitchen for a month while I got her checked out, 2 doors away from my birds in the living room.

There´s also a lot of people who can´t even do a quarantine properly as they have no way of cutting off the airflow between rooms.

I just think it is always best to try your best. But to reiterate what Jane said, we all make mistakes.

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@Zara very true there are some diseases that are incurable :) but in that case palliative care and maintenence(or euthanasia for some people) can be started. I remember when a virus broke out in my country among pet rats, the government handled it and I find it best not to worry too much about what might happen if my bird or other animal turns up to have something nasty, since my government usually only revokes very sick animals contagious to humans and thats for the sake of everyone so I try not worry about it and plod along to the vets.