• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent HELP! SICK COCKATIEL?

Kaylie

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kaylie.G
This Is my 3yr old cockatiel, Ollie. He has been fine all day and I just got home and there was matted feathers and somthing that looked sticky? All over his face. I looked at what he could have gotten into but I left nothing open. I'm afraid he threw up or somthing. Please help, it's night here and no vets are open. I don't know what to do, or what is on his face, he doesn't seem lethargic but he hasn't sung and normally he sings when I get home, his poops are almost black as well? He is chirping the nirmal amount, currently im gonna see if he will take a bath to get himself cleaned off. 20220419_173039.jpg 20220419_173151.jpg

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How’s he doing? Is he in a cage while you are gone? I hope he is okay, what a cutie he is!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope he's ok. Try to keep him warm and I would get him to a vet as soon as you can to be safe.