• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help me my lovebird's feathers are covered in medicine and they're sticky

Wr1th

Moving in
Real Name
Bassam Tawfiq
From now on never use any greasy oily on your bird for any reason. If they accidentally eat it, preen it off their feathers, they can get very sick.
If your bird has wound there are online avian vets that you chat with at a cost but don't use that stuff again please.
I'm actually pretty worried about using Fairy and washing my bird with it, so I don't know what to do

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I'm actually pretty worried about using Fairy and washing my bird with it, so I don't know what to do
I’d honestly personally be much more concerned about the bepanthen being on my bird and preened off by them than washing my birds with a weak concentration of warm water and dish liquid.
A small amount of dish liquid mixed into water is regularly used by vets and wildlife rescuers on birds who need dangerous things washed off feathers.

Wr1th

Moving in
Real Name
Bassam Tawfiq
H
I’d honestly personally be much more concerned about the bepanthen being on my bird and preened off by them than washing my birds with a weak concentration of warm water and dish liquid.
A small amount of dish liquid mixed into water is regularly used by vets and wildlife rescuers on birds who need dangerous things washed off feathers.
his feathers are currently soft but there are some bald spots , the wound was on the neck andhe was cutting them

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Can I ask what the wound was from? Some members here may be able to give you some ideas of safe healing products (such as Aloe Vera) for you to use on your birds skin should this wound become a problem again.

His feathers don’t look right in those pictures so I’m guessing they are still covered in cream?

Did you wash him to get it off or not?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm actually pretty worried about using Fairy and washing my bird with it,
Fairy zero would be a good soap to use because it´s unscented.
Fairy.jpg (it´s clear) I clean my whole house with this stuff.

A vet visit woyuld be good. They would be able to clean up your bird and also discuss the feather plucking.

Wr1th

Moving in
Real Name
Bassam Tawfiq
Can I ask what the wound was from? Some members here may be able to give you some ideas of safe healing products (such as Aloe Vera) for you to use on your birds skin should this wound become a problem again.

His feathers don’t look right in those pictures so I’m guessing they are still covered in cream?

I washed him with warm water, they are a little sticky, he had a previous wound, he was digging his back for some reason and thats the reason for the wound, he hurt himself

he hurt himself by biting his under of the wing, and the cause of feather loss is him trying to remove the cream off of it, it is growing currently and I think he is in good condition