• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heart broken

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
@Chilibaby now that I think of it I believe you have to have 25 posts to direct message someone. You're at 11 so if you comment on a few posts that should bump you up in no time :)
I got private message with address .
Yikes don't put your address here in public. Contact a mod to remove for your safety

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yikes don't put your address here in public. Contact a mod to remove for your safety
Oh good! I tagged several so hopefully someone will pop on soon to remove her Addy.

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
I'm so sorry. I had a similar experience with my green cheek about 6 years ago. It all happened so quickly and terribly. Something that is so scary as a bird owner to this day is knowing that birds usually hide their illnesses until it is too late. You truly did everything in your power for your baby. :sadhug2:

Chilibaby

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Hersha eagle-snyder
Ya evidently I don’t know how to navigate this very well. Lol I will try to figure that out.
I'm so sorry. I had a similar experience with my green cheek about 6 years ago. It all happened so quickly and terribly. Something that is so scary as a bird owner to this day is knowing that birds usually hide their illnesses until it is too late. You truly did everything in your power for your baby. :sadhug2:
thank you that helps my constant thinking

Chilibaby

Real Name
Hersha eagle-snyder
Did you get another green cheek after?

Chilibaby

Real Name
Hersha eagle-snyder
I was maybe thinking down the line getting another one. I love their personality or at least mine. The thought of a look alike is comforting to me. But I don’t know if that’s a good idea either. I don’t want to end up resenting it for not being exactly like my chili if that makes sense. Any thoughts on that?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was maybe thinking down the line getting another one. I love their personality or at least mine. The thought of a look alike is comforting to me. But I don’t know if that’s a good idea either. I don’t want to end up resenting it for not being exactly like my chili if that makes sense. Any thoughts on that?
When I got another Greenie after Nala passed I absolutely had to be sure to not get a normal colored one again. I know myself and I knew I'd be so sad to wake up every morning and see a normal greenie in the cage that wasn't Nala. I instead got Zazu a Cinnamon Turquoise Greenie to get one as different looking from Nala as I could.

But some folks are comforted by having another that looks just like their babies that have passed and there's nothing wrong with that. It's whatever will bring you the most comfort and make it easier on your heart to welcome a new faby into your life.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Grief is different for all of us and different even each time we experience it. So follow your heart. Yes obviously you must have a new love in your life. Your pictures show what a great parent you are. But only you will know when the time is right.

They are each so unique, they will be their own selves and you will love them for them. They won't be a replacement, or the same. When people expect that their can be trouble. And I e seen a few people stuck in that rut , always comparing the new one to the old one , and they can never live up to that . I e seen people jump in in to soon and regret it. I've also seen so many who it helped to have a new one around

Edit: I agree I have to have them look different. Or even be a new species if I was really wanting a different species.

I lost my blue quaker, and I didn't think I'd ever be able to have a blue one again . I met Ms y if all different colors. But I found a blue one in need. Who really needed someone who understoid quakers and would help her behavioral screaming. So I got her. She is so much her own self , that it doesn't trigger me about my lodt love...so I guess I'm in both sides

Last edited:

Chilibaby

Real Name
Hersha eagle-snyder
That makes sense. I am definitely not ready right now. I have a sun conure and cockatiel left behind I have to make sure get thru this too. I have nowhere near the relationship with them as I had with chili. But I still love them. That all helps very much tho. I hope to one day own another green cheek. Gotta get by first. One day at a time. Thank you

Chilibaby

Real Name
Hersha eagle-snyder
When I got another Greenie after Nala passed I absolutely had to be sure to not get a normal colored one again. I know myself and I knew I'd be so sad to wake up every morning and see a normal greenie in the cage that wasn't Nala. I instead got Zazu a Cinnamon Turquoise Greenie to get one as different looking from Nala as I could.

But some folks are comforted by having another that looks just like their babies that have passed and there's nothing wrong with that. It's whatever will bring you the most comfort and make it easier on your heart to welcome a new faby into your life.
thank you. Ya I am not sure what direction I would go with that. I am glad it worked out for you.

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
No, i took a break from birds for about 2 years, then got my cockatiel Pepper. But in the past couple months, I’ve been heavily considering adopting a green cheek. Just waiting for the right little guy to come my way! I know I will meet my next bird when the time is right :)

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hello,
How are things for you now?
Is it time for a new feathered friend?

I'm sorry it took me so long, but I just mailed out the painting of Chili to you. I think you should recurve before next Friday, not tomorrow.
Much love
Laura

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So very sorry for your loss :sorrow: